Latest trip to Barcelona

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
I have posted a report of our last trip to Barcelona a few weeks ago.
It was a trip to visit our daughter who lives there.We wanted to just be like a citizen of the city.
We rented a nice apartment within a short walking distance from her.

We did a lot of our normal routine things that we do at home.Walking every morning and our yoga and stretching. We went to many of our usual restaurants and several new ones.

Hope you all enjoy our trip we sure did.
Thanks for viewing.

Frank Autumn in Barcelona,2017

http://sharychic.blogspot.com

Enjoyed your report and pictures. I am hungry now, Barcelona does have some great food.

Bill

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I have posted a report of our last trip to Barcelona a few weeks ago.
It was a trip to visit our daughter who lives there.We wanted to just be like a citizen of the city.
We rented a nice apartment within a short walking distance from her.

We did a lot of our normal routine things that we do at home.Walking every morning and our yoga and stretching. We went to many of our usual restaurants and several new ones.

Hope you all enjoy our trip we sure did.
Thanks for viewing. Autumn in Barcelona,2017 http://sharychic.blogspot.com

Frank
Thanks for the TR. Looks like you were having some fantastic meals. My wife and I rented an apt in Poble Sec and had pinxto's virtually every night - it was hard to wait until 11:00 to go out for dinner as it was the highlight of our evenings. We tried to see the Merce Castellers but found ourselves trapped among the masses trying to inch our way down the narrow streets. Glad you got to witness them - you must have got there early. It's great that you spent the entire 3 weeks in Barcelona - best way to immerse yourself in the culture. My wife and I often think about living there if she can take a sabbatical !! Great memories!!

Frank, thanks for the report. Barcelona is a great town. Looks like your daughter has a great life there. :)

Now that was fun! How nice it is that your daughter and Chris enjoy your company and visits and how lucky you are to make extended stays there. My goodness, but you sure do eat well over there! Thanks for sharing your visit to Barcelona.

Ronin said:
Thanks for the TR. Looks like you were having some fantastic meals. My wife and I rented an apt in Poble Sec and had pinxto's virtually every night - it was hard to wait until 11:00 to go out for dinner as it was the highlight of our evenings. We tried to see the Merce Castellers but found ourselves trapped among the masses trying to inch our way down the narrow streets. Glad you got to witness them - you must have got there early. It's great that you spent the entire 3 weeks in Barcelona - best way to immerse yourself in the culture. My wife and I often think about living there if she can take a sabbatical !! Great memories!!
Our apartment was very close to Poble Sec. At the corner of Parliament & Bromell. Great location.
Did you ever go have pinxtos at " Pinxto Js"?
We would hit the pinxto places several times.Such a great way to eat,but it's hard to sit at the bar with all those pinxtos looking at you.
On the Merci' castles,we watched some at the Merci' church but it was way too crowded at the "city hall" square to view them.
The shots were from the TV. I got a great video but it won't play on the blog for some reason.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Our apartment was very close to Poble Sec. At the corner of Parliament & Bromell. Great location.
Did you ever go have pinxtos at " Pinxto Js"?
We would hit the pinxto places several times.Such a great way to eat,but it's hard to sit at the bar with all those pinxtos looking at you.
On the Merci' castles,we watched some at the Merci' church but it was way too crowded at the "city hall" square to view them.
The shots were from the TV. I got a great video but it won't play on the blog for some reason.
Frank
Our apt was 1/2 block below the pedestrian street where all of the Pinxto restaurants were. I don't remember any of the names of the places we hit. Generally, we'd eat and drink at 3-4 places per night and always try new places. I like that you can buy 1/2 pints of beer or small glasses of wine or champagne for around a euro. Like you said each Pinxto was 1- 1 1/2 euro per toothpick - anywhere near the La Rambla the price goes up to 4-5 euros. Pays to go where the locals go,eh?!
Did you catch the fireworks show at the end of the La Merce ? It was easily the most spectacular show I've ever seen. Welcome back home.

Wonderful write up and so many food photos! Thanks for sharing the photos.
Someday I have to see the Sagrada Familia in person.

Lighthawk said:
Wonderful write up and so many food photos! Thanks for sharing the photos.
Someday I have to see the Sagrada Familia in person.
Andy it's quiet an amazing building project.
We have watched it "grow" for the past 20 years.
It seems that the more I post to my blog about Spain the more it's about food.
Frank

Frank, it should be against the law to post photos of all that great food!

It looks like you had a fantastic trip, thanks for letting us tag along!

Just off the Blog report ....... epicure on the road! I happen to be a big fan of blood sausage ( my wife not at all) but being Irish .....
I hope to one day to get there. What a beautiful trip.

Advmoto18 said:
Great report Frank! I'm now hungry!

How did you find the apartment? AirBnB?

Thanks.

Bill
Bill for our last Christmas trip,(also on blog),we found this site "weflating." at http://weflating.com. It's a group of young people who started the site a few years ago.They have a lot to choose from. And are located in several areas of the city.Reasonable priced and very nice.Most seem to have been remolded and kept a lot of the traditional features. If you want more inf PM me. Our place was in the San Antoni Market area.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom