Launder the cushions?

craig333

Riley's Human
Today was finish the awning day and clean up the camper. Washed the vinyl for the first time using a product from westmarine called simpy "vinyl cleaner". Took off most of the black marks. I'd post photos but photobucket is once again being buggy. Followed up with a thorough application of 303. Also cleaned out the interior, pulled the carpet out, hosed it out. I nearly took the covers off the cushions to launder them, thinking cold water, drip dry, but then I thought I should ask here first. I'd really hate to wind up being unable to get them back on. Anyone launder theirs?

When I purchased my now long gone Ranger II it was filthy. At first I simply tried washing the cushion fabric in the tub but after three black water changes off to the laundry mat I went. I was told to zip up zippers, although with the largest washers there isn't really a way for a zipper to get caught on anything, and they would be fine, they came out looking brand new. I then of course used the sun to dry. It's a bit tough to stuff cushion back into fabric but doable of course

I wash the cushion covers after every trip. I have a front load washer. Used the gentlest cycle. Cold water. I threw them in the dryer on air dry... So humid in Florida, hard to hang dry!

This is good to know -- thanks for bringing it up, Craig, and thanks James and randy for the answers. :)
I'd noticed the zippers, so figured the covers could be removed and washed, but I too wasn't sure if they should be.
But as a solitary slob, I may not actually do it until I get ready to sell the camper. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom