Leavitt Lake

craig333

Riley's Human
I was just looking for more info on the Wolf Creek washout (and interestingly it shows the Centerville Flat campground as closed so you have to wonder how current the info is) and noticed it shows a washout on the Leavitt Lake road. I know thats a fairly popular lake (which somehow I've not been too) for WTWers so I thought I'd mention it.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/htnf/alerts-notices/?cid=fseprd573269

The road to Leavitt Lake - even without a washout - has deteriorated so badly I won't drive it anymore. And I remember when we were able to get up there in any kind of automobile - done it in a Dodge Dart, Ford Fairlane, 2 wheel drive truck, 2 wheel drive van and an old Volkswagon Beetle ( but those were actually damn good off road vehicles!)

That'll be great if it is closed for a while - the area around the lake is suffering from extreme levels of abuse.

And as far as getting any decent information from the B-port ranger station - hah - good luck. I've had them tell me the road was "closed" and they were surprised when I informed them the gate was open.

I drove the road two years ago and it was pretty bad. It was closed last year. I am pretty sure that they have intentionally NOT maintained the road and will let it stay that way.

Back
Top Bottom