LED interior dimming light bars

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I met a new member the other day, and they told me that FWC is now using dimming LED bars instead of more traditional fixtures. Does anyone have more information on these lights? They sound like a great addition to any RV or Boat...

Thanks in advance,

WS

I’m sure FWC is using a 12VDC version. When I get a moment, I’ll pop off one of the lights from the mounting clips and see if I can find a part/ model number.

Here is the info from sticker on the back side of the light

WWW.kaperii.com
Portable cabinet led luminaire
Model L23-0121-19
Rating 12vdc, 5 watt, 5500k
Part no L23-0121-19

Crickert said:
Here is the info from sticker on the back side of the light
WWW.kaperii.com
Portable cabinet led luminaire
Model L23-0121-19
Rating 12vdc, 5 watt, 5500k
Part no L23-0121-19
Thank you!

I am strictly 12V in my new 2018 Grandby Shell. I wish they had put in 4, would like one in the pasenger side rear quadrant. My Shell has 3. They put 2 upfront & one over the driver side rear quadrant (galley). I like the strips, Time will tell if they hold up well.

A few minutes ago I called the 800 number on the Kaper II web site to ask why we don't see the L23-0121-19 online or in the catalog.

The guy didn't know but said he has 500 of them in stock and I could order one from them (I thought they might be OEM or large-quantity only). Price would be $63.72 each plus shipping.

I also asked if there's a warm-white version and he said no, there's not.

If anyone has time to post a closeup photo of one, that would be great (since we can't see them online).

I'm not planning to order as I'm happy with my current lights but if anyone orders (or has problems ordering) please post.

I guess the next question is what kind of challenges are there in swapping out the older-style fixtures for these dimmable LED lights.

(Thanks for the part number, Crickert!)

Thanks, Crickert! It's very helpful to see the switch, the wire-connector, the mounting clips, etc.

And thanks for the shot with the measuring tape...they're longer than I envisioned.

I see wire-in but no wire-out so I assume they aren't daisy-chained.

It's interesting to think about what the wire run must be in the ceiling and how those of us with two ceiling fixtures might convert to them (if interested).

Hopefully they'll show up somewhere online with detailed specs (like draw, operating temperature range, IP rating, etc)

gallery_1814_1203_179058.jpeg

As Crickert mentioned, the other photos can be seen in the album... http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/gallery/album/1203-2018-hawk-flatbed/

So my 2016 seems to have the same light bar, just without the dimming bit. It would be great to add the dimmer as the current lights would be great for brain surgery, but are a little much for chilaxin with a brewski. It would also be nice to find something with a warmer color.

Back
Top Bottom