LED or Fluorescent ?

LED, warm light, very low battery draw. Fluorescent gives a green toned light that makes me feel I should be working and hesitant about eating the food before me.

I've got fluorescent in my current hawk, they light things up reasonably well, not sure what the draw is on them. I've bought kaper II led fixtures for the new camper I'm building. I lit one up in my garage and it seemed like similar illumination, one of these days I should take one out to the hawk at night and fire it up to compare. Anyways for $40 for the double fixture kaper II set I figured it was a good buy for low amp draw and ideally long life.

I'm definitely in the LED camp. The light isn't natural, but like Ski, I like it better than fluorescent. One question: Do FWC/ATC still even offer an incandescent option? If they do, you might compare costs if you get the incandescent fixtures and add your own LED lamps. There are a few LED lamps out there that fit the 12 volt incandescent fixtures. Plus, you then have the option of keeping an incandescent bulb in one of the fixtures, if you want.

I'm definitely in the LED camp. The light isn't natural, but like Ski, I like it better than fluorescent. One question: Do FWC/ATC still even offer an incandescent option? If they do, you might compare costs if you get the incandescent fixtures and add your own LED lamps. There are a few LED lamps out there that fit the 12 volt incandescent fixtures. Plus, you then have the option of keeping an incandescent bulb in one of the fixtures, if you want.

Our 08 FWC came with incandescent fixtures. I bought compatible LED bayonet mount bulbs and swapped out just one of the two bulbs in the interior lighting. So my fixtures can be super efficient when we use just LED or we can use some juice and crank up to max wattage. Generally LED is all we need. Swapped the porch light too, so we can just leave it on : )

Our 08 FWC came with incandescent fixtures. I bought compatible LED bayonet mount bulbs and swapped out just one of the two bulbs in the interior lighting. So my fixtures can be super efficient when we use just LED or we can use some juice and crank up to max wattage. Generally LED is all we need. Swapped the porch light too,

X2

Depends on your usage. If you're just staying a night and recharging your batts driving then save the money. I'm using a combination at the moment.

Depends on your usage. If you're just staying a night and recharging your batts driving then save the money. I'm using a combination at the moment.

Unless it's going with normal incandescent fixtures I don't know that there would be really any cost savings between fluorescent and LED (or at least there shouldn't be unless FWC is marking up one more than the other) since the fixtures with bulbs cost basically the same.

Get the standard incandescence fixtures as Lighthawk suggests and replace the blubs with LED. I wouldn't pay extra.

I'd either go this route or just order my own Kaper II double LED fixtures for $40ea and tell FWC to install them, no extra work on their part since it is the same exact install and labor as an incandescent fixture...

LED

X2
I spent a little money on mine and got the whole LED unit with mounts. I have now determined that I did not need the double sided one. They are simply "puttin out some serious light".

Home Skillet

Skillet,

Do tell. Did you get the LED's that FWC is offering or another brand? I don't mind paying a little bit up front but I do not want to be bumping around in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom