Lessons From Marty

chnlisle

Post Master
When I was up in Sacto earlier this month I asked Marty to look at the Iota inverter to see what might be the problem with it. It was as some of you suggested a fuse. But not just a fuse. A fuse from hell. Sure its a standard autromotive spade fuse but geting it out isn't easy. Actually Marty removed the Iota to get to the bottom mounted fuse. I called Iota to see if they had a better solution but never received an answer. And then today on PBS' Motorweek the solution from Innovative Products of America. This handy little item can be used for any number of applications. It is a circuit breaker that replaces the fuse and its less than $60 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Innovative-Products-America-8005-INN8005/dp/B000Q6B8YU

A little pricey but in the middle of the night when the inverter fuse blows it could be well worth the price.

Attachments

• fusesaver.jpg
    fusesaver.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 561
We have an airplane wrecker nearby and I went over and purchased a number of circuit breakers in vary amperages from them pretty cheap. Unfortunately they take up a lot more room than a fuse does. Nice thing about the aircraft ones is they also double as a switch. Even if you don't want to install one, they're very handy for diagnosing those stubborn shorts that keep blowing fuses.

Wow, those are pretty cool and much smaller than what I have. I think I'll get a few. Very handy especially if you're away from home and don't have all the tools handy to diagnose an electrical problem.

You can always move a fuse or breaker to a more convenient location with some wire, blade terminals and fuse holder/cb.

Ive installed a ciurcut breaker. I intended to do just what you suggested but the breaker was quick and easy. Thanks B

Back
Top Bottom