Lets see the INSIDE of your camper

whizbang

Advanced Member
I'll start. Tough to photograph, but, here it is: 1994 Jayco 7ft Sportster.
Int_1_Jayco.JPG

Int_2_Jayco.JPG

Int_3_Jayco.JPG

Int_4_Jayco.JPG

Int_5_Jayco.JPG

Hope you get some replies. I have found myself "In the market" again. Seeing other set ups might help me in my decision.

A question, I see in the photo section you have owned a FWC and now a Jayco. I know FWC, how does the Jayco compare?

I am interested to know how that cabinet hanging from the roof works out on rough dirt / rocky roads? Very nice layout inside.

Darryl

I am interested to know how that cabinet hanging from the roof works out on rough dirt / rocky roads? Very nice layout inside.

Darryl

Hi Darryla.I have thought about the idea of hanging a cabinet from the top but just can't figure where it could fit.The camper in the picture doesn't have the same "lifting" system as ATC/FWC's do.Also out counter tops are higher and the windows are in the way. May be if you had a shell model something like that would work.

How's the trout fishing in the Sierra going. I am heading up to our place in Dorrington for the next week or so and hope to hit the higher lakes and the slower moving part of the river.

Frank

LuckyDan,

Overall, the FWC is a better built, higher quality unit than the Jayco.

I do like the layout in the Jayco. The windows are at a height you can actually see out. So, it feels less claustrophobic. The weight of both campers, with options, is very similar. However, the Jayco is better balanced front to back and side to side. My FWC was an older 80's model with the cabinets, water, and propane all on the drivers side rear. The camper listed badly, even on an F350. It needed airbags just to level the ride. I suspect the newer FWC are better balanced.

The FWC, like all aluminum framed RV's, has condensation issues in high humidity environments (beach camping). The Jayco is much better in this regard.

I like the popup mechanism in both campers. The Jayco's permits windows and screens all the way around.

I get the impression that Jayco's are strictly lower end units. Mine was assembled with virtually no caulk or sealant. It is a miracle it survived 16 years in Western Washington before I got it. I paid $1200 to have every seam resealed and recaulked. The RV dealer claims to have lost his butt on the deal.

Both my popups were smaller campers designed for Rangers,Tacomas, etc. It would be nice to have one that actually fits a full size bed without sacrificing interior room and storage space.

I bounced both campers down some rough 4x4 roads. So far, the Jayco is holding up ok. The FWC did great.

Hi Frank: I just saw your message. I was up in the mountains about a month ago. Streams are running real high so fishing isn't that good. Been working too much and I plan on going back in a few weeks. I would like to know how things worked out for you?

Take care and be safe next to those streams.

Darryl

Since it for me going solo I made a smaller table so there was room for the Engel 45. Turned the fridge space into a cabinet. Added electric water pump and faucet.

IM002051.jpg

IM002049.jpg

IM002047.jpg

So Marc, is this the new XPcamper V2?

Rob

Thanks..

Here is the under bed storage compartment.

Back
Top Bottom