And sometime its a real MFr.

Attachments

• Another bad beach day.jpg
    Another bad beach day.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 343
  • bad beach day.jpg
    bad beach day.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 338
I see they waded just a little too far into the shallow end of the gene pool... :D

-steve

Happy Ending????

The truck and camper were "SAVED".

Attachments

• chevy1.jpg
    chevy1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 312
  • chevy2.jpg
    chevy2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 318
  • Lance 1.jpg
    Lance 1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 325
  • lance2.jpg
    lance2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 324
Even if they on the short end of the gene pool, I do feel for em looking at those pics. Thats not just a bad day.

I think these might fit in well with this thread ...

#1. don't park too close to the river during a big storm

#2. make sure to get mexican insurance on your camper as well (not just your truck) when you go to Baja

#3. watch out for falling trees

#4. bring a fire extinguisher

#5. strap your camper down when you have 60 mph winds outside

Add the camper to your auto/truck insuranace company once you buy the camper.

Truck campers are usually not automatically covered on your policy.

:(

Attachments

• 55555555.jpg
    55555555.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 300
  • 666666666.jpg
    666666666.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 303
  • 888888.jpg
    888888.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 295
  • 9999999.jpg
    9999999.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 307
  • 101010101.jpg
    101010101.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 293
Pixs worth a thousand

Wow Stan! Thanks for digging those out of your files. Those pictures really show just how bad it can get sometimes. Hopefully, people on this forum can learn from others mistakes. Think it through.

I can relate

In January the area I live in Washington had huge flooding and land slides.Some folks lost houses and cars due to mud slides and others had there houses flood.
My property got nailed when 2ft of snow melted in 12 hours and we got 5days of straight rain on top of that.The mountain I live near sent rivers down and flooded the meadow I live near.
I could boat around my property but I left instead and went for higher ground when my truck almost was underwater at 2 ft.The camper got its feet wet for about a day.:eek:I had it off for about 2 weeks then this happened.
.I had to cleanup $#!^ around my property and house for about a month and lost some stuff.All and all the camper dried out and same with everything else.Sure hope that never happens again.
Here our some photos of the camper swimming and me opening my front truck door in evacuation.

Attachments

• flood 021.jpg
    flood 021.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 263
  • flood 015.jpg
    flood 015.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 266
In January the area I live in Washington had huge flooding and land slides.Some folks lost houses and cars due to mud slides and others had there houses flood.
My property got nailed when 2ft of snow melted in 12 hours and we got 5days of straight rain on top of that.The mountain I live near sent rivers down and flooded the meadow I live near.
I could boat around my property but I left instead and went for higher ground when my truck almost was underwater at 2 ft.The camper got its feet wet for about a day.:eek:I had it off for about 2 weeks then this happened.
.I had to cleanup $#!^ around my property and house for about a month and lost some stuff.All and all the camper dried out and same with everything else.Sure hope that never happens again.
Here our some photos of the camper swimming and me opening my front truck door in evacuation.

:eek: CRIKEY! Glad it wasn't worse.

Add the camper to your auto/truck insuranace company once you buy the camper.

Truck campers are usually not automatically covered on your policy.

Good advice.

I checked with my company (State Farm) and what they told me was if it's attached to the vehicle, it's covered. On sawhorses in the backyard, it's not. So wind, tree limbs, floods, etc. will cost ya'.

$6 a month to add mine to my policy. Good peace of mind if you store it a portion of the year.

the camper lives on ...

FUNNY FOLLOW UP ON THE FLOODED CAMPER ...

This guy just rolled in to our factory this afternoon.

He said his camper was under water for 28 hours.

He dried it out, and is now back on the road camping with it again.

:eek:

Attachments

• 55555555.jpg
    55555555.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 183
Back
Top Bottom