Lithium upgrade schematic

Jpiercemt

Hello, I was wondering if anybody could take a look at my schematic and find any errors. I’m not sure how to wire the iota. Can I just push it through the dcdc charger to make it work with the lithium batteries or should I get the lithium module and push it directly to the positive bus, bypassing the dcdc charger? Also, is the dc load fuse bus wired in the correct spot? Thanks for the help!!!
Josh Pierce

Sorry, here is the schematic!

Attachments

• IMG_6925.jpeg
    IMG_6925.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 121
I’m by no means a solar/lithium expert, but it appears you have it right. Maybe add a fuse to both ends of truck battery positive lead.

Reach out to Vic Harder for his opinion.

I would think you would want your IOTA inverter coming off the house batteries. Otherwise it looks ok to me.

Looks ok, but i would wire the iota AC/DC to the batteries directly (especially if you get the iota IQ4 module for lithium).

Also, details…. The negative coming off of your two house batteries should be on the far battery, so that the current has to flow through both. Helps keep them in balance.

Finally, I don’t see a shunt for your battery monitor.

Nice discussion on this topic.

Laying out a system with several similarities, I noticed your 4 AWG spec for all wires except from the solar panel. Would the wires to the DC load fuse box need to match that larger gauge, if the combined DC loads are sufficiently covered by, say, 8 or 10 AWG wires to that fuse box? I'm trying to determine whether I can use my existing factory 10 AWG wires emerging from the wall to the fuse panel, or if I'm better off running my own heavier gauge wires.

10 AWG is likely plenty for inside the camper. I did run 8 AWG to my fuse panel, and 10 AWG to the fridge, but most everything else can stay of 14AWG or less.

Oh, and 6 AWG to the Victron gear, that’s the biggest wire size they take. Your solar panel wiring will likely be 10 AWG, that’s fine too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom