Loading the Camper

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I loaded the Northern Lite this morning, and used a common sense trick to do it on the first try. I marked the centerline of the bed using a bright white rope, and used a plumb bob on the camper centerline. It was slick.

788BE594-CF9B-4F14-9235-671E7D828DEA.jpeg

Good job, Mr. Sage! I'm not as sophisticated. I've marked the center line of the bed with blue masking tape and a small piece of tape at the bottom center of the front of the camper. Keep them lined up as I back under the camper and all is good.

ski3pin said:
Good job, Mr. Sage! I'm not as sophisticated. I've marked the center line of the bed with blue masking tape and a small piece of tape at the bottom center of the front of the camper. Keep them lined up as I back under the camper and all is good.
Thank you, however I must confess. Having a full size crew cab makes backing down difficult. I omitted the revelation that The Bride sat in the back seat and kept me on course once I could no longer see the plumb bob.

Glad my camper doesn't come off the truck.
Back in the early 80s when I had a hard side but needed the truck
I didn't like removing/replacing the camper.
Always worried I would hit one of the jacks.
Never happened but still it was nail biting time.

Good method you both have though.
Frank

How much clearance between tailgate opening and camper sides do you guys have? I have ~3/8" on a side.

I have 4 extra eyeballs watching from behind and move slower than the space shuttle transport.
I use four cable jacks and it is a sphincter tightening procedure twice a year. Might just leave it on this winter.

JaSAn said:
How much clearance between tailgate opening and camper sides do you guys have? I have ~3/8" on a side.

I have 4 extra eyeballs watching from behind and move slower than the space shuttle transport.
I use four cable jacks and it is a sphincter tightening procedure twice a year. Might just leave it on this winter.
3/8" at the most. It is a tight squeeze and it does center the camper.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
No destination planned, probably just destinations that are in the area.
Have you fly fished the North Fork of the John Day? Just curious. I was having fun looking at maps during my lunch break today. :)

Back
Top Bottom