Locking Bike Fork Mount

There are lots of thru axle fork mounts out there. A lot of people like the rocky mount one you linked. I have a couple of the kuat dirt bag ones since they were cheaper, simpler, and i dont often lock things. On my old camper, I installed two of the lolo rack single DIY mounts: https://loloracks.com/products/diy-bike-rack-carrier-hook?variant=40987716878517&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2021-11-05&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=Cj0KCQiAm5ycBhCXARIsAPldzoVOA_8g9byUXqZiI-doEFQ68beteFGri6_HsHtmif3EZqzkkwnqOIEaAnDoEALw_wcB

I ran plus nuts through the frame, then bolted unistrut to the plus nuts. Then bolted the lolo racks to the unistrut. I put a piece of 1x behind the rack to limit some of the flex. I'll be honest, I was a little nervy hanging expensive bikes off of that setup for awhile. In the beginning I used a cam strap as a safety line. They ended up being very stout.

s3dQ0EF.jpg

gu1jM26.jpg

06GTXCo.jpg

Very clever, Ben.
I'm testing a rotopax install using plus nuts through on of the front studs of my Hawk frame right now. The rotopax mount has a metal disc that bolts to the exterior, sandwiching the siding/stud between the plus nut and the mount. So far I've got 500 miles (with about 15 of dirt) on the mount and it looks solid. I'm planning to add a second mount on the other side next.

I also did a Bike Tight mount similar to yours for a traditional quick release mountain bike, but ran bolts through the frame into the refrigerator cabinet wall on one side, and some aluminum bar stock on the other side.

Back
Top Bottom