Long term camper storage

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
This is my first camper so I really don't know how to store it. Letting it sit on the jacks for a long period of time doesn't seem to be a good idea. The best thing I could come up with on short notice was to lower the camper onto some cinder blocks straddled by 2x6s. I'd prefer to find something taller so I didn't have to lower the jacks so much but I'm not sure what to use.

How is everyone else storing their campers?

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,644
My neighbor had a Sun Lite pop up TC that he made some low sawhorses to set on. It seems like it would be a good idea to have some support in the middle of the camper. Wonder what FWC says about it.

I'm using aluminum saw horses from Home Depot now. They are only rated to 1000 pounds each but they are only sharing the load with the jacks. I just use them to stabalize the whole thing.

That dolly is a great idea. I'd probably make mine taller though. The lower the support is, the more turning of the jacks to get the thing on and off of the platform. Slow and tedious work.

Here's how the previous owner stored it.

fourwheelcamper___06.jpg

I may do something similar. He also had a pallet on casters that he would lower it onto to move around his 2 car garage. I agree that lowering that much will be a big pain to raise back up.

I picked up a cheapy trailer from Harbor Freight. It works great and I can roll the camper in and out of the garage using a trailer dolly. The whole set up including the dolly was less than $200s. The disadvantage is that it requires a **** load of cranking because its so low to the ground. I suppose I could build it up but the way I figure it its 10 minutes out of my life so no biggie.

Back
Top Bottom