Longest stay with the top popped up?

Cayuse

Driving into work this morning the thought occurred to me as i was waiting for traffic. What is the longest you have camped someplace and been able to stay fully deployed? Even when I stay at the same site for multiple nights I am frequently breaking down during the day to go explore, drive to a climbing area or trailhead or do something. National Parks with their shuttle systems allow for leaving the rig in one spot on occasion but not always.

For me the longest time would be at a climbing festival that the company I work for puts on every year, I arrive and setup on Tuesday and don't tear down until the following Monday. If it is just a normal trip then three nights is probably the longest I've stayed setup in one place.

Looking forward to hearing how others travel.

Five nights, just a couple of weeks ago. :)

So much to see. We could have stayed another week or more but, alas, we returned home to our jobs. Vacation was over.

10 days at the beach. But that time we were using the camper on a trailer. I guess that's kinda cheating.

This year I've done a week twice without breaking down. I take the bicycles for local transportation.

We just did five nights popped up. It certainly makes for comfortable living including the bbq and other camp gear being deployed.
Also saves on gas money :p

I don't think I've ever went 1 day keeping the top popped up.

For me the biggest joy of having a pop up camper, is how easily we can get up and go. We would go stir crazy hanging around camp all day long. We don't have children, drink alcohol, or camp with others. We hike etc., but because we have only camped at campgrounds, we usually drive to a destination and then hike/adventure from there. Often this takes place 2 or more times a day.

We usually travel very light. I bring a small tent to throw items into (that I wouldn't miss if they were stolen). This helps keep the camper clean and makes for quick get aways. It also helps make the campsite look occupied when the camper isn't there.

I do plan on doing some camping on crown land this summer, perhaps that will keep us planted and popped up for a day or two.

I've camped in one spot about a week to 10 days several times over these last 10 years! Most of those were planned stays at special places like the coast, the Modoc Plateau or at Eagle Lake as opposed to shorter stays on what I call exploring runs-ya know just checking the place out. I once stayed at Manchester State CG two straight weeks when the fees were allot cheaper ;) !

Smoke

7 nights at Penobscot lake in the North Maine Woods... 2011 ....first trip in the Eagle. We were clueless and way over our heads in a very remote spot on "roads".... that were mud for miles... we somehow got there and all was well. If I actually knew what was the reality we probably would be still stuck there.... sometimes being totally unaware seems to tilt in ones favor. I have a lot more extraction equipment now... I love this camper.

Back
Top Bottom