Longevity of Nikon Lithium Batteries?

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I'm noticing my charged batteries - EN-EL14 - don't seem to last as long as they used to. They are several years old. Is this common and if so, what is an expected lifespan? I do know I've been using the LCD screen a bit more due to my poor eyesight. Do I need to replace batteries or am I seeing things that are not there?

Hi Ski,

I have some very old nikon batteries for the many cameras I have.

Interestingly, I finally had to throw one out (an EN EL 3b) just a couple of days ago, but it had lasted for over 10 years.

I also bought a few knock-off spares through amazon -- they seem to be doing o.k. If you are using your LCD more then the batteries will need recharging more often.

Maybe just getting a couple of cheap knock-off spares would solve the problem?

Tony

Tony, I’ve also had various Nikon batteries live long lives, but with reduced capacity.

Which knock-off batteries have you tried? I’ve always been leery of them.

Gentlemen, thank you for the info. So I gather these should last and not necessarily die. Mine are 5 to 6 ,7 years old. I travel with three and keep them charged up. I'll keep what I'm doing and continue to evaluate. Thanks again.

Santa brought me a Nikon A1000 for Christmas.
It was a "kit" extra battery and charger, 2, 32gig cards
and other accessories.
This camera is a nice point and shoot.
So far the pictures I have taken are very nice quality
and it's a great size to just put in a pocket or carry in the palm of your hand.

I am using it as a travel replacement for my Nikon P 90.
The P 90 is 11 years old with a Nikon and a non Nikon battery.
Both batteries seem to get about the same photos out of them.

IMO the "knock offs" work great .
It's always good to have one or more spares on hand.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom