Looking for a clear screen door slide

jeromehdmc

I want to be able to see out the rear door while I'm on the road. I've been trying to figure out what series I need, from what I can tell FWC uses a P-series slide. Has anyone replaced theirs, if so which one did you use.

Larry

Larry-go on Campers World/Good Sam Web site (that's where I got mine) -they have them. I think I have seen them on other sites too, they are cheap and easy and worth it.

Smoke

We replaced ours due to it being cracked by the PO. Can't recall which one we needed, but I got it from Amazon after looking at all of the usual RV suppliers online. Clear, white and almond colored were our choices. Can't see out anyway so we got white for the best interior color match.

I see from my Amazon order history that my clear replacement for my 01 Hawk's white slide was a Camco 45512 (12" x 11.5").

Instructions with the new slide indicated it's common to have to trim them a bit. I had to trim off about a 1/8" from the top to fit it but that was super-easy--- I just used tin snips.

Either Marty of Jeff at All Terrain Campers suggested just cutting down the black slider, moving the screen support bar (if needed) and re-doing the center section of the sceen (wider, if needed)... as the window is much smaller in width than the width of the screen door. Total cost just the amount of new screen material needed, a couple of bucks.

Photo below shown with my window curtain in place (NOT how I drive).

img_145800_0_290f1c04317a642a5a2074fb6a016088.jpg

Access to the inside door handle, etc.

img_145800_2_97d39989a675e56b85c1d77ce340ee51.jpg

Thanks for the fast replys. I think I'll try and cut this one down like Alley-Kat showed. If I don't like it then I'll get one of the others.

Alley-Kat,

I like your window curtain design. How did you attach it? Velcro? Do you take it totally off for open viewing?

Mike

Yes, velcro adhesive dots.
Five of them across the top only, gravity hangs the curtain flat.
Curtain is made like a pillow case, except there is no openng for a pillow, just double layer of fabric, seams sewed with a small opening unsewed for turning curtain inside out, then hand stitched to close the hole.
Curtain is removed and folded up when not in use.
Same thing on the front window as well.
It's all about saving weight (just kidding).

When I ordered my Bobcat, I opted for the clear slider, so I would imagine that ATC would sell them. I think I paid an extra $20 or so for it.

Mine broke and FWC mailed me a new one. Just got it a couple of days ago. They had some extra

Sent from my SM-G930V using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom