Los Padres Loop

d tree's

Started out in Rose valley for a day , First time there I though it was gonna be a nice quiet night, early in the week put my fire out and started to drift off and Then some guys in a 40' motor home came in at 2230 making lots of noise trying to park and set up , after that at 2300 3 guys in a truck came in lit a huge fire in a fire ring drank for an hour an a half pretty loud and then half ass'ed put the fire out and left 0100 WTH woke up in the morning decided to , seems like with no rangers or camp hosts you get what you get these days.

Days 2-3 decided to go east and I finally made it over to Reyes creek and had a whole different experience , very enjoyable quiet only 3-4 spots including me were taken and creek was full of fish fresh stocking , my only complaint was trash after a weekend , spent about an hour picking up other peoples garbage the first day but id rather pick it up then look at it !

Here are a few pics hope you like them ,D
Rose valley falls

Ridge above camp reyes creek

on the way a light dusting

Nice to see you in our neck of the woods D Trees, unfortunately Rose Valley has a reputation for that sort of thing, happy you found Reyes Creek, it can be nice if not crowded. There are also some great boondock sites in the area to keep you away from the degenerates and their aftermath. If you ever decide to return let me know and I can steer you towards some more peaceful areas...the Los Padres do have a lot to offer.

Sun Man that's a very generous offer
biggrin.gif
, D

Potrero Seco Lauren Santa Rosa island behind email size.jpg

Hey d'trees, do you remember when you were in Rose Valley csmpground, there is a locked heavy duty gate? You can get the combination to that gate from the Forest Service in Ojai. You go through the gate and lock it behind you, leaving all the riff-raff behind. Head on up the steep 4wd road, make a left at the top and travel to the end of the road where you reach the condor/sespe wilderness area. It about 20 miles total. The mountain will be all yours.

, spent about an hour picking up other peoples garbage the first day but id rather pick it up then look at it !

Thanks for picking up the trash, I know how it feels like you're the only one that does.

Timothy

Your welcome guys it was still a fun trip , Did i ever say that I love my camper !

AF6GL , Tim

I hear yah... I pick other peoples trash hunting and fishing well and camping too , I know most of us on the site do it pick up others trash , just so frustrating at Reyes there are Three- four yard trash cans there most of the trash is within 50 ft of the can
blink.gif
, oh well better to pick it up then look at it , thanks for the acknowledgment
smile.gif
, D

Anne and I were just passing through Rose Valley Camp this weekend on the way through the gate and up to Nordhoff. I was very happy to see the campsites full with families enjoying the beautiful weather. For once there was no riff-raff.

Riff Raff is always a hit or miss issue in Rose Valley. Can be heaven or can be hell. Do get the combination from the Forest Service and go through the gate. The road is steep, but not rutted, still traces of the old pavement in place. You will need 4wd, but nothing special. There is a campground with a table or two several miles after you turn left. You can turn right and go to the Nordoff Lookout Tower, great views. As well, from the bottom there are a lot of trails that lead off into the wild. Not many people use them so you have the place to yourself. Lots to do in the back county of Ojai. Glad you visited my backyard, glad you had fun.

12 Valve thank you , one reason this is one of the best sites on the web , thank you all very much , D

Back
Top Bottom