Lost Our Four Wheel Camper Woolrich Hawk - Marshall Fire

Stonesmith

Hi WTW Community

We have been loving our 2018 Woolrich Hawk for the last 3 years. Getting into the mountains, really getting into the backcountry. The feeling of being out there is amazing.

Unfortunately, we lost everything in the Marshall Fire in Louisville Colorado. Including our Hawk.

Our issue right now is that the insurance company is struggling to assess the actual value. Since 4 Wheel Campers are not readily available as used, and the limited Woolrich edition even less common, finding the value is hard. Through in Covid and the increased demand for campers and it is darn near impossible.

We reached out to 4 wheel camper for assistance, but they have not yet replied.

If anyone has a handle on how to provide a value to insurance please let me know.

Also, we want to get the camper replaced before spring so if anyone has a lead on how to find one, we are ready to buy.

Regards
Matt and Cindy Stonesmith

Maybe contact one or more dealers. They may have more time to respond than FWC does right. Mitch at Mule Outfitters in the Seattle area was very helpful when I bought my 2021 Grandby.

I would further suggest pricing a new one identically equipped and send the insurance company that price, then challenge them to find a recent used one for less. They should have to justify anything less than what you find in assessing the market. The scarcity holds the price essentially at the new order level.

Sorry for you loss. Go to Instagram Used FWC. Find the campers that closely match what you had. I did this for backup insurance support should something happen. Save these into files. It is nice when they show sold. In my opinion this is the best support you can find to support the value of your camper. They are selling for more than the original purchase price. Good Luck
JD

If you get a lot of pushback from insurance company, try sending new camper equivalents and include cost of renting same while you wait for delivery of the new one. Might give some bargaining power on a used equivalent should you locate one.

Paul

Please send me an e-mail with the details / your details to . . .

stan@fourwh.com

I can work up a somewhat official camper value for you.

Might help in your negotiations with the insurance company.

Stan

Terrible indeed...

Moot point, but what insurance company? You and yours hang in there; you will be back in the game soon...sounds like you have a "can do attitude"...

Good luck!

Phil

So sorry to hear of this... We are in Golden, if you need anything please let us know..

Hi All

Thanks for the good thoughts. We are hanging in there.

Lots of good ideas. State Farm is the insurance. When we bought the camper I submitted lots of pictures and highlighted the fact that these campers are not the run of the mill truck camper.

The state farm guy has an RV and he totally gets the idea the this is not standard, and also that camper values have actually increased over the last 2 years. But the have hired an external company to come up with a value, and I have less confidence in that process.

I am supposed to hear more later today, I will keep this thread updated.

I have actually had a good experience when there was a major event affecting many people (wind storm) snd Metlife hired an outside adjustment company to help with the assessments. I found the person to be very professional and interested in fairly compensating my loss, which was major roof and deck damage from a tree falling. I was very satisfied with the settlement.

So don’t get discouraged by them hiring a professional adjustment firm. It may even lead to a better experience than you would have with a State Farm adjuster.

Got the valuation back, good news. They valued it close to the value of a new Woolrich Hawk. Now if I can only find one.....

So sorry to hear. We're also in Louisville with a 2015 Hawk but we are lucky to still be here. I don't know if State Farm needs a "local" Hawk to look at for whatever reason but if they do please hit me up. If there's anything else you need please reach out as well! Hang in there, we are all with you!

So sorry to hear about your home and 4WC loss. I'm also in Louisville, but Main street was spared by the fire, so we got very lucky.

Wondering if you bought your camper new or used? If you bought it new, even if you no longer have the paperwork, It's very likely that the distributor(or even 4WC) would have a copy of the original sales paperwork showing how it was equipped. Even back to 2018. Fingers crossed you get back into something soon.

DM me if I can buy you a beer some time.

Cheers and good luck,
Mike

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom