Loud water pump

cbamos

Hi all,

The water pump in my 2010 Hawk is really loud. So loud that I'm pretty self conscious about using the faucet when anyone else is camping nearby, especially after dark. I find myself filling water bottles and the kettle using the outside drain at night, when it would be great to just use the sink inside the camper.

I've looked at these: http://www.shurflo.com/rv-products/rv-accessories/rv-water-system-accessories/rv-pump-silencing-kits

Does anyone have any experience with these kits, or other fixes / tips they'd be willing to share?

Cheers!

My water pump was very loud and I had the same concerns as you. One day I decided to poke my head into the cabinet where the pump is located in my Fleet. I discovered it was too close to a support member and when it ran it thumped the support. I jammed a piece of foam between the pump and part of the cabinet - it made a world of difference. This might not be your problem, but check both that it is not knocking against anything and that it does have a little compliance in its mounting. I know those two sound contradictory, but are both important. Good luck

Also take a look at where your water lines pass through walls, shelving, etc. If there is space in between, they can rattle something awful. Some caulking in the gaps can work wonders.

Back
Top Bottom