Lowering a older 4 wheel camper

.....or store at a friend's place where you can pay with beer or help on projects? Or, how about the in-laws? They sometimes really like to have a little leverage with the relationship.

Salty's right. (I know I'll regret that statement) How about getting a come along and ratchting down the front and rear suspension of the truck 5 inches securing it and driving into the garage?

Mr. Pueblo,

You just made me snort my beer. Which means you owe me one.

-DD

FW has a wood base, but I don't think there is 5" above the side of the bed rails so if you lower the base then it will sit in the air since it will be held up on the bed rail. If you were to section it then I'd do it near the top, just under the pop up rail that extends the top section of the camper.

I guess one of my questions is is the bottom protion (in the truck bed) aluminum framed? I have looked at a few pics that have made me thing this part is all wood.

Mark

It is (Edit: I take that back, brain fart, the front and rear of the camper is aluminum framed down to the floor, only the floor and the sides are wood). However whether the camper on your rig will provide 5 extra inches on there that can be removed and have the camper still fit over your bed rails and cab is the real question.

I bet if you had the money you could bag your tundra all the way around and drag frame around your block. Would be cool watching the sparks fly by the houses on your block.

Back
Top Bottom