LPG tank splitter

timtana

Has anyone used a tank splitter on the LPG to run a stove or other propane units outside on the mounted tank of thier FWC? I have always used a tree type to run my stove,lantern and gas BBQ while tent camping.
Tim

I've always used the tree too. But thinking about it, having that as an option would be nice. Next time I fill up at the local amerigas I'll have to talk to them about it.

Attachments

• extendaflow.jpg
    extendaflow.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 423
Thats the idea, but theres no way that would fit. Thats why I was thinking something a little more custom.

Thats the idea, but theres no way that would fit. Thats why I was thinking something a little more custom.

This one has a right angle bend to it which might help with the tight space.

My last trailer had a quick connect outlet for an RV-Que Grill that mounted on the side of the trailer. If these screw on tees won't work you could put a tee in the gas line and run it to one of the quick connects...

You might also be able to make a tee with these parts -->>>

http://www.flameengineering.com/Parts_Accessories.html

Attachments

• propane-tank-adapter.jpeg
    propane-tank-adapter.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 408
That might work. I thought about a quick connect, but I've had some bad luck with those leaking after a while. And water/air leaks are one thing, I really don't want a propane leak.

I added a T in the propane compartment. I store about 12 feet of hose in there and when camping pull it out to power the light or coleman road trip grill.

I put this in a long time ago when I first got the camper so I don't remember what parts I used. They look like the extend a T that Jim posted. It works very well. The hose is long enough to go under the truck and to the table I use over on the window side of the camper. The bungee cord is used to keep the propane door from flapping in the wind when I have the hose out.

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

Yum!

142-4299_IMG.jpg

After pricing the extend a flow kits. I think looking for that kind of tee at the propane place is in order. At least if they don't have anything I'll feel better about spending the money.

I read few "might work" comments here, but no one actually have used the extended flow kit and said it works for sure for their model of camper. I tried the Y splitter on my horizontal tank, and it does clear the Manchester tank wrap around cage, but the connection hose from the camper is too short and rigid and does not fit on to the Y splitter. It's not enough room in the tank storage compartment.

I might try a T if I can find one at reasonable price.

b team,

Your images cannot be viewed. All I see is a message "Please Update Your Account to Enable 3rd Party Hosting" .

I found the following explanation on the web:
July 1, 2017 11:55 AM
Photobucket rolled out a new update to its TOS on June 26th with just a small, innocuous blog post as an announcement. Users have been finding out about it as their embedded images on other sites have turned into placeholders telling them to update their accounts, and as Photobucket has rolled out email notifications telling them that if they want to keep embedding images, they have to pay $399/year.

Users who don't want to embed but want to be able to link to their images have to pay $99.99/year. Free and lower-priced plans provide storage only.

PC Mag: Photobucket Breaks Image Links Across the Internet

ghacks.net: PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images

The Register: Photobucket says photo-f**k-it, starts off-site image shakedown

Users respond on Twitter and Facebook, where people are having their say in the comments to cheery images Photobucket is posting.

Regards,

Craig

Back
Top Bottom