Lunar eclipise tonight

Watching out the RV window on way back from Nashville ro Indy after the Colts win
Pretty amazing so far. Jd

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

Clouds win in Stockton. Can just barely see it coming out of the eclipse. Then the clouds come in and that is all.

Went out to a scenic eastern prospect near the fire lookout a few miles from home that I thought I would have to myself. I guess that spot is better known than I thought. I did get to hear elk bugle and 'yotes yip before about ten other people arrived. It became a small party, but the eclipse viewing was very good. I'm watching the egress from home.

Eastern horizon was obscured by clouds so I had a good excuse to stay home and eat dinner. It was something of a relief, since we had just come home from a big hike. Just at sunset I tracked the cloud movement against a tree top and noticed the clearing sky of the west was pushing eastward rapidly.

Sure enough, after dinner I started to see the emerging moon peeking through the forest. I grabbed the tripod and quickly drove to a nearby viewpoint. Like HighZ, I found a small party watching the moon. I chatted with a woman who had been photographing the scene and she said the moon had been obscured at full eclipse. So, we missed the blood moon.

I did manage to catch a photo of the emergence.

Very nice Lighthawk! We drove out to several possible viewpoints and found the view obscured by clouds. One had a quiet gathering of people waiting for the moon to appear. That was cool. We returned home and later were awakened by the brightness of the post eclipse supermoon.

We had a nice, cloud-free view from our front steps. I watched it with some neighbors-kind of a fun event.

I saw it pretty well in western Minnesota. It was definitely "bloody". (as in "blood moon")
Lucky enough that it was cloud free in the evening and, because I was two time-zones east of "home", the moon was well up above the horizon at E-time.

]Not entirely focused but blood moon from east of Granite Mtn., Yavapai County AZ. Picture so it happened!

Attachments

• BloodMoon.jpg
    BloodMoon.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 69

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom