Lundy Canyon - October 2015

Looks like you and the Lady went on a stiff hike there in Lundy Cyn! Thanks for the great photos of the Sierra.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. We appreciate it! :)

billharr said:
Good timing on your trip. I am sure the area is now covered in white.
Bill, that was the plan. :)

Doug Stewart said:
Looks like you and the Lady went on a stiff hike there in Lundy Cyn!
Stew, that was the plan. :)

I looked at your TR at lunch, on my iPhone. Had to come home for a larger look on the computer. Boy you sure make me miss the Sierras. I used to fish Lundy Lake and the beaver ponds with my Dad, as well as Rock Creek Lake further south when the road to Rock Creek was still dirt. I haven't seen the Sierras in thirty years, sadly. Nice shots of ice falls and oh yeah, our eyes see the exact same thing. "In our eyes life doesn't get any better." Thanks mucho Señior Ski!

A nice November jaunt to the Nation Above 10,000'! Lucky you didn't need crampon and axe for that waterfall chute. As Stew says, that's a stiff hike!

Great view of North Peak in the distance and Conness peaking behind. Some fine climbing there.
I've always thought a shuttle from Saddlebag to Lundy would be fun, and following the footsteps of the old mail route from Bodie.

I'm really excited about the granite boulders camp area. I've poked around in there before, but had to turn back since my SUV didn't have enough clearance. Looks like another winner for the East Side collection of convenient sites.

Thanks for inspiring us with more great photos and tales of the backcountry.

Too bad you all didn't get to soak on Day 1. You all had some great timing too by finishing up just before the storm rolled in. Can we expect a few winter trip reports from you two in the months to follow?

Thanks for sharing.

Lighthawk said:
A nice November jaunt to the Nation Above 10,000'! Lucky you didn't need crampon and axe for that waterfall chute. As Stew says, that's a stiff hike!

Great view of North Peak in the distance and Conness peaking behind. Some fine climbing there.
I've always thought a shuttle from Saddlebag to Lundy would be fun, and following the footsteps of the old mail route from Bodie.

I'm really excited about the granite boulders camp area. I've poked around in there before, but had to turn back since my SUV didn't have enough clearance. Looks like another winner for the East Side collection of convenient sites.

Thanks for inspiring us with more great photos and tales of the backcountry.
We thought about adding our axes and crampons to our packs but decided this early season we'd go without and turn around if necessary.

Yes, Conness and North look like wonderful terrain. We also want to look at what's left of Conness Glacier.

We love the history of the area. We also want to hike the old road up into Lake Canyon and the May Lundy Mine.

We have stayed a couple of times in the Granite Boulders. There was a higher site I spotted on GE but we found a very narrow pinch point on the road along with a 45° tilt to put the truck into boulders. There were street tire truck tracks coming in from opposite direction. Sometime we'll look at that route in but the site we used is pretty nice so why bother.

Thanks for your kind comments!

GroovyDad said:
Too bad you all didn't get to soak on Day 1. You all had some great timing too by finishing up just before the storm rolled in. Can we expect a few winter trip reports from you two in the months to follow?

Thanks for sharing.
There will always be another time at Travertine. :)

Let's hope for more than enough snow to keep from rocking the skis.

takesiteasy said:
x2! Beautiful photos. I enjoyed the report.
Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom