Luxury boondocking - has everything!

Monstrous and ugly. It is surely too cushy for our tastes. I do know a few people that may be coaxed out of their homes if they had this rig. They should probably stay home.

For our entertainment prior to bed last evening, Julie and I gave it our best shot and watched the video posted above. This was our takeaway. In 2021 our friends, The Teds, took delivery of their new Tiger.

Indian-Valley-July-2021-013-copy.webp

Ted posted about their Tiger on WTW - Elvis Has Left the Building!

It's built on a Ford F350 4x4 chassis, pretty much the same as the vehicle above. It cost them around $160,000. It is a well insulated hard side and would be much warmer than the pop up above. It has a wet bath with toilet and shower - no need to set up a shower or toilet in your entry way as shown in the video. Although its size negates its value to Julie and I for a possible future rig, I was impressed with where we were able to get it on our first trip with the Teds with it.

At well less than half the price of the vehicle above, it stands out as a better vehicle and an incredible value if $350,000 is really what people are paying.

I recently looked at the Alaskan flatbed and it would have the advantage of being a hard-sided camper. But, I'll stay with my Hallmark Milner on my 2013 Tundra extended cab. Much more maneuverble on gravel roads and it works for us 80 year olds!

its a bit much for me. We changed over to a Sprinter van last year for a variety of reasons. I am trying to remove/reduce complexity with it, vs adding more, and more $.
go

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom