Madera Canyon, Arizona - January 2020

PaulT said:
Could the unidentified red head be a Cassin’s finch?

Paul
Paul, I originally thought that, but too much streaking on the breast, and it’s a more northern range. So, just a not so bright house finch is my second guess. The other birds are pine siskind.

House finch was my id also. The group of birders at the gift shop were arguing whether it was a Flame - colored or Hepatic Tanager. That just didn't fly. :)

PaulT said:
Could the unidentified red head be a Cassin’s finch?

Paul

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Paul, I originally thought that, but too much streaking on the breast, and it’s a more northern range. So, just a not so bright house finch is my second guess. The other birds are pine siskind.

Cool collection of bird shots, Ski.
Love the coatamundi. Fun fact: They can articulate their nose sixty degrees up/down, side to side. We saw them in Costa Rica last year.

Lighthawk said:
Cool collection of bird shots, Ski.
Love the coatamundi. Fun fact: They can articulate their nose sixty degrees up/down, side to side. We saw them in Costa Rica last year.
Thanks Lighthawk! This was our first coati and haven't yet studied much about them. We look forward to coming upon them in a bit more "wild" setting. But this may be the habitat they exploit, similar to all the raccoons around here.

Back
Top Bottom