Magic Mesh

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
https://www.buymagicmesh.com/

I saw this on a stupid infomercial and it occurred to me that this would be a great solution for campers - especially campers like the XP and Alaskan with the 2 piece doors.

I wonder if the magnets degause (erase) the magnetic strip on your credit cards as you pass through?

I bought these for our cabin. Let me warn you, the product is cheap. And they take forever to ship it. And they trick you on the checkout process into upgrading (I can't remember exactly, only that I was seriously annoyed).

I say "cheap" because it is flimsy. I used the supplied giant 'thumbtacks' to hang it on the door jamb. It works as advertised until something catches. If your foot or object catches the bottom and you attempt to go through, it will tear the fabric apart where ever the stress is near an attachment point. The seams are flimsy too. It would take some creative mounting to avoid disappointment.

:cautious:

I bought some, thought they would act as neat dog/cat doors for the camper and the slider on my back deck; well, they sort of worked, I guess if you use the provided tacks and not use the magnetic strips to keep them up-could work! They are to big for the back of the FWC (figured could use as a dog door with the screen open) , and to small for my back slider. Put them up in my stair well, the cat keeps pulling them down and the dog will not walk through them. :cautious:! Might work in different situations. Got a double order and carry a set in my truck, if you see me on the road, they are yours, same thing you come through Suzieville, you can have the set that is laying on the back deck! Maybe I'm just not just mechanical enough, but what I got them for they don't work on! Another idea that needed more field testing!

Smoke

we bought that piece of sh@#!t and lasted one hour till the dog went through. The best thing you can do is save your money. I sent it back under warranty and never got a reply. :(

:mad:DD-that's 0 for 3, me thinks thumb down for mesh-despite the high chance it might work-Dogders are winning now, bad way to start the season, but hearing Vinny Scally broadcast that game still, he's the same age as my Dad, and just like him, he 'll never be replaced when he's gone, more grog for the troops!

Smoke

:mad:DD-that's 0 for 3, me thinks thumb down for mesh-despite the high chance it might work-Dogders are winning now, bad way to start the season, but hearing Vinny Scally broadcast that game still, he's the same age as my Dad, and just like him, he 'll never be replaced when he's gone, more grog for the troops!

Smoke

It's a piece of junk!

It's a piece of junk!

Yes it's not a stock screen door. But I made it work for us because we don't have a screen door.
Not the best answer but it keeps most of the critters out.
Had my significant other hem a pocket in the top and sides after adjusting the size. I used a 3/8 dowel for a rod and a way to hold the sides firm. 7/16 cable hangers to hold it in place and voila screen door!
MrW

SCREEN 3.jpg

Attachments

• SCREEN 1.jpg
    SCREEN 1.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 136
  • SCREEN 2.jpg
    SCREEN 2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 126
Thanks for the ideas MrWindow. I have chopped and hung and it does work. The major problem is that the top has to move so you can get in. You have a neat solution to that problem. The velcro would work but for the fact it is glue back and the glue melts in heat.

Thanks for the ideas MrWindow. I have chopped and hung and it does work. The major problem is that the top has to move so you can get in. You have a neat solution to that problem. The velcro would work but for the fact it is glue back and the glue melts in heat.

Thats why I went old school, curtain rod style!
I can push the sides apart at the top by hand easily. If we are loading or unloading I will leave it open to make things easy.
It does take a little manuvering going in an out but all in all better tham nothing. In fact it's less in the way and much less hassle than a normal screen door. costs less too!
MrW

Back
Top Bottom