maiden voyage part two

caseboy

more pics. thanks for listening to me ramble, but i'm kinda proud of this rig and can't wait to finish it. i guess i'll have to get rid of the 10'nco now. i'm spoiled already. i didn't have to change from dinet to bed and back again, and the potty is in the closet---wow!!!!!

wes

Attachments

• wtw4.JPG
    wtw4.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 279
  • wtw5.JPG
    wtw5.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 286
  • wtw6.JPG
    wtw6.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 358
BTW Maiden Voyage is the title of great book I would recommend to all WTWers and anyone contemplating large student loans. The WTW version of this story has yet to be written but I think it could be made to work. I know this is off topic but it is this topic which brought the topic to mind.

Great looking rig. Interiors of the older Alaskans are great: real wood, real good.

verynice,
it was on mine and iv'e seen it in many pics on the net. it's minor on mine-- about 3/4 inch. the bed did support my wife and i but you could feel a little give when you'd move around. also when my top is down, the bed gets pushed down slightly. i tried putting more anchors in the wall support rail and a backing plate, but still had a little sag. with those blocks, it was rock steady. i carry different size shim boards because i found that the height changes if the bed isn't quite on same plane as cab and i'm too lazy to level it perfect when setting up camp.

my next upgrade will have to be a small shelf or basket that hangs over the top of the bed side boards to put glasses ,watch, etc. into.i don't want to fasten anything permanent cause they fold up and down. i got the wall sleeping position and couln't reach the counter to grab stuff.

also , i have one of those pull-down door screens. i'm going to put metal strips along edge of door and use magnets to hold it tight to wall.

wes

For glasses, etc I put small adhesive hooks on the front bulkhead (?) above the bed for me, and on the bedside of the forward hydraulic jack attach board for my wife. I bought some small L brackets, a blank electrical outlet cover, and double sided adhesive to hold it all on the bedside of the jack board for a "shelf" for my wife's smart phone.. (pay attention to the placement for interference in camper down position)

Clear as mud?
Camper is not handy for pictures, and I likely couldn't figure out how to post them anyway.... :)

fb

Back
Top Bottom