Mammouth north camp spot?

Tuna

Advanced Member
Haven't used my 5th wheel in a long time and need to use it so was thinking of heading up 395 for a some what short trip. I know it's a zoo up there this time of year so I'm looking for a camp spot with shade not out in the sage where I can get a 26' 5th wheel&CC truck. Between Mammouth&Bridgeport Don't need hook ups.Less people the better but don't forget the rig I'm taking!!! The higher elevation the better,want to get cold if I can!! Thanks

I would recommend any of the Forest Service campgrounds along the Virginia Lakes Road. Cool mountain/forested weather just south of Bridgeport.

Lundy Canyon is also nice with quite a few FS campgrounds. It's just before Conway Summit. The canyon begins near the north-west corner of Mono Lake. Free camping can be found along Green Creek Rd. near Bridgeport.

Thanks guys,I'm leaving Wed. I think and am going to Lundy Cny. From there I'll hop on my Honda Trail and see what I can find that suits us.

I would recommend either the Deadman creek area just north of Mammoth. Or Virginia Lakes, Green Creek road. Both these spots offer dispersed camping(free) and the crowds should be minimal. Deadman creek is easier to get to with your rig, however the Green Creek area would be doable also. A lot more exploring to be had out of these areas on your motobike.

Back
Top Bottom