Maxtrax mount on 2020 hawk slide In

Teamtaylor

Has anyone mounted maxtrax under the cab over or on a roof basket of their truck? I have a 2020 f250 crew cab. Cant find anything on a search for this. any pics and tips are much appreciated.

Teamtaylor said:
Has anyone mounted maxtrax under the cab over or on a roof basket of their truck? I have a 2020 f250 crew cab. Cant find anything on a search for this. any pics and tips are much appreciated.
Take a look at my link in the sig.

Rich

Hard to see how it is mounted, but we have ours up on the roof. I installed more T-tracks onto the roof to enable easily mounting stuff like this.
full

Vic.

It's such a shame you live in such mundane, unexciting landscapes.
:p
Paul

ps. Any chance border crossings from the states will be available this summer?

ri-f said:
Take a look at my link in the sig.

Rich
Rich, that setup is AWESOME!!!! I would really like some specifics on what bed that is and the storage boxes. LOVE IT!!!

I mounted my MaxTrax on the back of the camper as I already have both aux fuel and deployable solar panel under the overhang. Later I bought a lightweight aluminum "bunk bed" ladder, which I lash to the MaxTrax for travel.

See: MaxTrax Camper Mount - March 2017 for photos and full description for mounting MaxTrax.

This is the post on the deployable solar panel under the overhang: Deployable Solar Panel Project

I thought I had a post on the overhang rotopax carrier box, but can't seem to find it...

Thanks to forum member Old Crow who was able to locate my rotopax carrier post:
https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/8665-rotopax-carrier-mounted-under-camper-over-cab/
(click any image for a larger version)

Here is what I got on my Bundutec. This is not my camper but the pics they sent me so I could see what it was. It's pretty nifty.Trax Tab on Rorys Camper Closed (1).jpgTrax Tab on Rorys Camper Open (1).jpg

XJINTX said:
Rich, that setup is AWESOME!!!! I would really like some specifics on what bed that is and the storage boxes. LOVE IT!!!
The bed is a CM. I built the side gates and storage boxes. Thanks for the com;iment!

Rich

Happyjax said:
Here is what I got on my Bundutec. This is not my camper but the pics they sent me so I could see what it was. It's pretty nifty.
attachicon.gif
Trax Tab on Rorys Camper Closed (1).jpg
attachicon.gif
Trax Tab on Rorys Camper Open (1).jpg
I like how easy it looks to set up a table, but would be concerned at the increased width. I've driven where even my Tacoma & Fleet were barely able to squeeze though with limbs scraping the body and camper, buy your travels may be different.

Yes it bothers me sometimes but it is within my mirrors so for the most part it's okay. I will likely try not to go to too many skinny places cause that 3/4 ton truck is a bit of a beast :)

Back
Top Bottom