Maxx Air Fan

thedogslife

I've heard rumor that FWC is or will be upgrading to the Maxx Air fans in the new models. Has anyone else heard this? Anyone receive a new camper that has one installed from the factory yet? Hoping the rumor is true as that would be a nice upgrade for my Hawk that's on order. I wasn't thrilled with the fantastic fan in my Eagle.

Geologist said:
New Hawk delivered in Oct 2020. I requested a Maxx Air fan and it was installed at no extra charge.
We ordered our Grandby in February of 2020 and it was delivered in August of 2020. I tried repeatedly to get them to install Maxx Air fans in place of the Fantastic Fans. I even spoke with the CEO, Robert, about it on one of our visits. They wouldn't consider it at the time. It sounds like I missed that option by a couple of months. I will probably eventually replace at least one of the Fantastic Fans with a Maxx Air, but it would have been nice to have them installed by the factory. Heavy sigh...

Last I looked on the price list it wasn’t there which was last week. I asked for one when I ordered my Hawk and just go “We don’t sell those”. But I heard they are easy to install and will probably a lot less. But did Geologist say they did it “no charge”? Are we talking about FWC!? :)

After owning multiple rv's with Fantastic vents, I removed the latest 2 on the Hawk and replaced them with Maxx Air vents. Easy enough swap and I like these much better.
20190702_180553_resized.jpg
20190702_180446_resized.jpg

Pvstoy,

Was the Max Air a direct drop in or did it require cutting a larger hole in the roof. I have a 2015 Hawk also. I did upgrade my factory Fantastic Fan to the variable speed. When screwing down the Max Air, do the new screws just go into the sheet aluminum roof or roof members?

Also, what solar panels are you using?

Thanks,
Brian

BrianG said:
Pvstoy,
Was the Max Air a direct drop in or did it require cutting a larger hole in the roof. I have a 2015 Hawk also. I did upgrade my factory Fantastic Fan to the variable speed. When screwing down the Max Air, do the new screws just go into the sheet aluminum roof or roof members?

Thanks,
Brian
The vent size are standardized and it is a direct drop in replacement. The vent hole is framed in with aluminum square tubing and both the MaxxAir and Fantastic Fan screw into this.

I'm glad they are doing that. My experience with Fantastic Fans (i.e. Dometic) has not been stellar and customer service is terrible. I could write a book on the issues I've had, the hassles, etc. even when their documentation for installation was proven to them to be wrong vs. what they told me I did wrong.

Go Maxx and I hope Dometic follows this forum and they learn to read their own documentation.

As mentioned no modifications needed. Screws made new holes. Both have fans and work the same, rear can leave open in rain.

Panels are 160 watt Overland Solar.

BrianG said:
Pvstoy,

Thanks,
Brian

Thanks pvstoy and Kolockum, I've really wanted to install one of these, the conversion to variable speed was easy so I'll attempt this one now. Lots of install videos also.

pvstoy, can you tell me the model MaxxFan you installed or is there a model you might have preferred? Just trying to avoid spending hours on a simple decision :)

Thanks

We have a Fantastic fan in back and installed a Maxx fan over the bed. The Maxx fan was a drop in. I installed the original inside edge trim from the vent instead of the Maxx fan trim. No need to drill new mounting holes for the Maxx fan trim.

My one regret with the Maxx fan was to not get the remote control. Trying to find the right buttons on the fan over the bed is a PitA. Fantastic had great service until Dometic bought them. Back then, for free, Fantastic replaced the cover that was damaged when the Eagle was traveling backwards at 65 mph (that's another story).

The Maxx fan with it's rain hood adds a few inches to total height, which could be enough to make you an oversize vehicle on some BC ferries.

The Maxx fan can run at low RPM when the vent is closed - very nice in hot weather over the bed.

If you order a Powered Roof Vent Fan on any of the new FWC's, you will be getting the MaxxAir Vent Fan.

We are no longer installing the Dometic Fan-Tastic Roof Vent Fans on the new FWC's.

thedogslife said:
I've heard rumor that FWC is or will be upgrading to the Maxx Air fans in the new models. Has anyone else heard this? Anyone receive a new camper that has one installed from the factory yet? Hoping the rumor is true as that would be a nice upgrade for my Hawk that's on order. I wasn't thrilled with the fantastic fan in my Eagle.

BrianG said:
pvstoy, can you tell me the model MaxxFan you installed or is there a model you might have preferred? Just trying to avoid spending hours on a simple decision :)

Thanks
Looks to be several models available. Which one is everyone installing for the FWC's?

I just ordered the Maxx Air 7000K Deluxe with Remote to replace my rear two year old upgraded variable speed Fantastic fan. Now that I'm going to have the original manual fan and the newer variable fan doing nothing, I wonder if there's any 12v wiring installed at the front manual vent? I could then install my old manual or the newer variable fan there? Good question for FWC.

I went with White for no particular reason.

I like the fact that FWC is always looking for new and better ways to improve their product line.

BrianG - I have a Hawk shell originally purchased (by prior owner) in late 2015. The front vent currently does not have a powered fan. However, if I pop off the inner trim piece and I can see that it has wires presumably for a powered fan vent to be installed. :)

I think I will order two MaxxFans as upgrades and install a powered vent (MaxxFan Plus 4000K) in the front vent position. Thinking about the MaxxFan Deluxe 7500K for the rear position.

Attachments

• pic fan wiring.jpg
    pic fan wiring.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 75
Stan@FourWheel said:
If you order a Powered Roof Vent Fan on any of the new FWC's, you will be getting the MaxxAir Vent Fan.

We are no longer installing the Dometic Fan-Tastic Roof Vent Fans on the new FWC's.
Stan,

Can you tell us which MaxxAir FWC is going to use?

Thanks
Dean

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom