Members Milestone: 2000 of us!

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
I just-now noticed this:

gallery_2431_332_5084.jpg

Seems like Mr. Giapetto should get a prize or something, for being #2000.
biggrin.gif

(these stats appear at the bottom right of the home Forum page)

Not to rain on the party ----but,how many are honest
even if they do not post.

example, couple of years ago i posted a april's fool post giving
away a engle frig,(or something ) had a response right away from a new member the
same day,of course he had joined the same day,never posted again!

Just saying.

Drive slow and enjoy,"its the journey"
Les,lqhikers

example, couple of years ago i posted a april's fool post giving
away a engle frig,(or something ) had a response right away from a new member the
same day,of course he had joined the same day,never posted again!

Just saying.

Drive slow and enjoy,"its the journey"
Les,lqhikers

Not sure I understand....
huh.gif
What was the not honest part?
Or did you mean that some people aren't frequent posters?

I'm sure that those who post here more than once a year would number less than 100.

Soon, Pinky, we shall rule the world!

I didn't understand this reference...had to look it up.
blink.gif

Not sure I understand....
huh.gif
What was the not honest part?
Or did you mean that some people aren't frequent posters?

I'm sure that those who post here more than once a year would number less than 100.

:LOL:I vote for a cult! I know I watched for a quite while before I joined (sort of surprised there was some place to go to answer my questions), then watched again for a while before i figured out how to post and if I really wanted to post and take part in the threads. Starting my first thread, about poor old snake bit Bob the border collie, took even longer, like it's almost giving up part of your self for the world to see and then becoming personally involved with the site! Sort of like becoming part of a cult-I guess, after all, we are a diverse group of people tied together by owning or wanting to own a special type of rig, each with different experiences, and we like to "Wander the West ", looking for adventures! That make sense?

Smoke

<snip> Starting my first thread, about poor old snake bit Bob the border collie, took even longer, like it's almost giving up part of your self for the world to see and then becoming personally involved with the site! Sort of like becoming part of a cult-I guess, after all, we are a diverse group of people tied together by owning or wanting to own a special type of rig, each with different experiences, and we like to "Wander the West ", looking for adventures! That make sense?

Smoke

Makes great sense and well said.

Starting my first thread, about poor old snake bit Bob the border collie, took even longer, like it's almost giving up part of your self for the world to see and then becoming personally involved with the site! .......I guess, after all, we are a diverse group of people tied together by owning or wanting to own a special type of rig, each with different experiences, and we like to "Wander the West ", looking for adventures! That make sense?

Smoke

I remember your first thread, Smoke, about snake-bit-Bob -- it was a great one! :)

I agree about the "diverse group of people tied together by owning or wanting to own a special type of rig" -- spot on. A couple of years ago somebody posted something trying to define what makes a WTW member, what our common values are, but I think it really just comes down to the common type of rigs -- as you say. You may find other things in common with some of the other WTWers, but you'll also find some pretty diverse opinions (aka "controversy"), too.
rolleyes.gif

About the rigs: It's funny how there's nothing in "Wander The West" that says pop-up campers, and yet that's the main commonality...among those who identify what kind of rig they have, at least.

One of us is just 40 posts away from 3000.

Simple math with a pencil, Mr. chnlishe? What would be an appropriate prize?

Simple math with a pencil, Mr. chnlishe? What would be an appropriate prize?

I suggest we all chip in and get Jay a safari jacket. :rolleyes:

I suggest we all chip in and get Jay a safari jacket.
rolleyes.gif

I vote for a pith helmet...can ya just see it? It would be sweet Jay!

34259.jpg

Turns out I was way wrong on this: 560 members have posted at least once in the past 12 months...and just among people who've become Members in the past 12 months, 144 have posted more than once!
ohmy.gif

Better than most sites. My experience has been that the large majority of members on most sites are either spammers or one-time posters. SInce I have had the registration closed to the general public (open by request only) for a very long time, the result is the number of active members we have here vs spammers is much lower than other sites.

34259.jpg

:LOL:I like it, I like it, where can i get one? Boy maybe we all could get one-just think about that-a bunch of us sitting on our new strong back chairs surrounded by a lager of FWC's, somewhere in the middle of no-where, eating Mark BC's special hot dogs, drinking something wonderful, while discussing "unstuck" adventures! Now who wouldn't want to be part of that?

Smoke

34259.jpg

I'll be seeing him at Overland Expo...It would be perfect for him there !!

Back
Top Bottom