METAL DETECTING Anyone?

GroovyDad

I just picked up a really nice metal detector at Costco and I was wondering if anyone uses these while out "wandering the west?" It seems like it would a fun thing to do while out and about, especially near old mine sites and ghost towns.

I know there are a lot of rules/laws regarding metal detecting at certain sites, but I just wanted to reach out and see if there is anyone else using these and, if so, what experiences/finds they may have had.

I have one and use it sometimes. Lots and lots of bottle caps. Every so often I will find a penny or quarter...
As you have mentioned you must know the rules of the area before use.

Alley-Kat said:
OK, that was good teaser... Which one did you get at Costco?

Never have done it, but, it does seem interesting.
My local Costco had the Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 for $99. They told me that it was kind of a fluke thing that they even got them in and once they were gone, they were gone for good.

I have one taking up closet space. It seemed like a good idea at the time but the bug just never hit me. I have other things to keep me occupied when I'm camping.

I have a couple, when I do carry one it's usually the Garrett AT since it is waterproof, nothing like a well used swim hole.

Back
Top Bottom