Meteorological Fall Starts Today

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
And it’s forecast to be 90° here at Fort Sagebrush. I’m ready for the real Fall. The sunrise belies the afternoon heat.
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Interesting weather for fall. We’ve had four or five thunderstorms roll through last night into this morning. I got up to the sky on fire and the scent of a wet campfire. I’m hoping we don’t have a big fire starting up…
IMG_4744.jpeg
IMG_4745.jpeg

We have a new fire going in Sierra County. The media refers to it as near Sierra Brooks. I had to google earth it. Its a suburb of Loyalton. You'd think they could mention that.

Earlier, I posted a link to an article about the loss of light at my latitude. During August, Northern Oregon loses roughly 85 minutes of light. Yes, I’m noticing. Just wait until the fall back to standard time.

We just returned from our latest adventure that took us to Mountain and Pacific time zones so we remain a bit confused. Julie is always in a hurry to change clocks to the "correct" time. :)

We have certainly noticed the change in our recent travels. Colors in both British Columbia and Montana are starting to show (not just the August browns but some gold in willows and aspens). Speaking of shorter days, it was really noticeable being at the Yukon and BC border, and travelling south as the days are getting shorter. It seems we went from it being light until past 10 pm in early to mid August to dark before 8 just a couple weeks later, even in the same time zone but quite a few miles south in Idaho!

Back
Top Bottom