Mid March trip down US 395

OutToLunch

In mid-March, i am scheduled to pick up a new Ocelot from ATC. It is my first truck camper, though i have tent camped for fifty years. I will then be driving from Verde, Nevada to Flagstaff, Arizona. I have the better part of a week and will be traveling with one of my dogs (Evil) and possibly her sister (Evil Sister). The very rough plan is to head down 395, cross into Death Valley on 190 and then home to Flag. As noted, i have up to a week so there is no rush.

I last drove the route several years ago with my wife and young son, but we weren't camping.

I am looking for recommendations for camping in mid-March down the 395 corridor or roads extending off of it. I mostly disperse camp, but realize that it will be March so am willing to use campgrounds (private or public). Also, any suggestions for hikes that are dog friendly would be appreciated.

I can get recommendations for DV off a bunch of geologists i know who have spent a good part of their lives mapping DV, so i have that part of the trip covered.

Thanks in advance. Also, thank you to all of those who have posted about ATCs, FWCs, and other campers. While i haven't asked any questions in the past, i read a ton of threads and posts that have provided great advice and assistance in ordering my camper.

Hot Springs Highway :) A google search for "dispersed camping hot springs 395" will provide number of places at or near hot springs. Established campgrounds near twin lakes or Buckeye Hot Springs are also okay, but dispersed camping abounds in the area. Cold in March, but I guess you know that already.

Back
Top Bottom