Midges in the camper

cousinjc

Here is a question for all you Alaskan owners. At night in the camper during summer months I seem to get alot of tiny midge flys inside. All screens are good but I wonder where they get in. The weatherstripping on the camper seems to be in good order. I also have an AC unit on the roof.
What can be done about this?

We were invaded by midges at a place called the Elbow on the Walker River. It was right after sunset and they came right thru the window screens and screen door. I figured they were attracted by the light, so I turned off all the interior lighting and attempted to lead them outside with a bright gas lantern. When we returned from our trip I vacuumed lots of dead bugs when we got home.

Here is a question for all you Alaskan owners. At night in the camper during summer months I seem to get alot of tiny midge flys inside. All screens are good but I wonder where they get in. The weatherstripping on the camper seems to be in good order. I also have an AC unit on the roof.
What can be done about this?

The no-see-ums in eastern WA are attracted to the interior light and pass right through the screens. Had to close the windows, leave one light on, and used a towel to trap/squish them and shake them off outside. Once all the lights were out later that night, I opened some windows back up and stayed bug free. The nice part about that was there were no mosquitos. No-see-ums did not try to bite me.

Back
Top Bottom