mildew on inside of 2 layer soft side

BrewskiDV

Just landed in a '95 Hallmark pop up camper and Dodge Ram, couldn't be more excited. This is our first go round with the truck campers.

The soft side is double layered, vinyl on the outside and a tent like material on the inside. There is mold on the inside of the inside tent like layer. Looking for suggestions on how to clean or what cleaner to purchase. never tried to clean mold from behind before, thanks for the suggestions.

Terry

Just landed in a '95 Hallmark pop up camper and Dodge Ram, couldn't be more excited. This is our first go round with the truck campers.

The soft side is double layered, vinyl on the outside and a tent like material on the inside. There is mold on the inside of the inside tent like layer. Looking for suggestions on how to clean or what cleaner to purchase. never tried to clean mold from behind before, thanks for the suggestions.

Terry

Terry,check out the "303" line of products.Don't know if they make something to remove mold but the "aerospace protectant" is a must for the vinyl.
This is the recommended product for the FWC/ATC camper liners.
Hope this helps.Frank

I would recommend looking for a product called Physan 20. This is widely used in the greenhouse/nursery industry as a disinfectant for tools/surfaces/etc. It is a viricide, bacteriacide, fungicide and algaecide....and highly concentrated. A 16 oz bottle will make lots of spray and IMO, if you use this you may never use bleach again for similar jobs/disinfecting. It kinda smells like a new car.... and doesn't at all overwhelm you like bleach/chlorine can.

Call some local nurseries/greenhouses for availability. You can also snag it on Amazon.

best of luck

mtn

cool thanks guys. I ended up just cutting out the inside "tent layer" and cushon behind it, leaving just the vinyl outside layer. The Cushioning had some mold as well so I just did away with it all. I called Hallmark and they said that would work, don't think they design their soft side like this anymore.
Cheers,
Terry

I would recommend looking for a product called Physan 20. This is widely used in the greenhouse/nursery industry as a disinfectant for tools/surfaces/etc. It is a viricide, bacteriacide, fungicide and algaecide....and highly concentrated. A 16 oz bottle will make lots of spray and IMO, if you use this you may never use bleach again for similar jobs/disinfecting. It kinda smells like a new car.... and doesn't at all overwhelm you like bleach/chlorine can.

Call some local nurseries/greenhouses for availability. You can also snag it on Amazon.

best of luck

mtn

Back
Top Bottom