Mines of Inyo County (Death Valley)

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
I'm a collector of antique mining and geology books. Turns out that the mines of Death Valley are a pretty hot topic. I recently purchased a 1951 book about the mines of Inyo County by the California Divisions of Mines. The book was surprisingly rare (read: expensive). Given that it's a tough one to find, and seemingly a popular subject, I have decided to reproduce the map of Death Valley mines that accompanied the book.

The map is roughly 24x18 inches. I am willing to reproduce the map for WTW members at just the cost of reproduction and shipping. Let me know if interested! I estimate the cost of reproduction in the area of 8 to 10 dollars (but maybe less?).

Anyone of our DVR attendees that orders one in the next few days can pick up there copy during our Death Valley Ralley in a couple of weeks.

My original plan was to get full color (there are a couple colors on the original) prints on map stock, folded etc. Turns out the local plan place only does B&W copies on regular paper with no folding. It was cheap to do it this way so I made 10 copies and will be giving them away for free at the DVR to anyone who wants one.

Those old books are great! I have a few of the Stanley Paher books and some others that cover so cal and the lower colorado river area. Wonderful books for anyone interested in the history of the area.

Back
Top Bottom