Mini MT/ID Ski Tour

erod

well been back for a couple days but just getting a trip report up now. got back to amazing conditions in our back yard so time has been limited (pics soon). anyway, heres a few from a camp trip, 5days/4nights to lost trail, MT/ID. we had 3 wall tents (really nice) and by the end our fire pit was about 15 feet deep, with a spiral staircase! got about 12 inches while we were there with temps from low teens to upper 20's. also had one day of bluebird skies. these conditions and 130" base made for some great sliding. camped right in the parking lot, great snow, good folks and the camper performed flawlessly.

the arctic pack was a huge improvement and limited condensation quite a bit with 2 people in the camper. also held heat very well compared to when its not installed. the rocket box was key, i ended up unloading it before i popped the top and put all the skis under the truck, its a little high to access when popped but the increased storage was great! highly recommend this mod! also, installed a optima red top and have solved any cold start battery problems encountered before with the stock battery...no more worries in the morning!

here's a couple pics of the drive in (snowy), camp and the arctic pack, enjoy! pray for snow, winters not over yet!

oh yea, a fellow wtw member wrote a brief but entertaining article on atc campers in the most recent issue of backcountry magazine, this trip is a testament to me to how well these campers work in the winter! can't wait for the next tour! cheers!

:thumb: Sweet pics Erod, glad your mods are working out for you.

How many ski days do you have this season?
(Not sure if I really want to know the answer to that question!)

in all honesty sunman, i can probably count the number of days i haven't skied better than the number i have :D! working today though!

And that's how you do it in the great white north!

Sweet shots erod. Looks darn chilly. Glad to hear the Arctic pack worked out so well.

Thanks for the tip too on the magazine article. I'll go look around for that one -

Anybody heard from Erod?

It's been almost three months since we've heard from Erod.

Does anybody know what he's up to?

I pray he's doing OK...

I've been wondering about erod myself, he posted so consistently through the last year or so it is odd to not hear from him. Lets hope he's listening.

I too was wondering about Erod.

Mark,

Bumping one of Erod's trip reports was a good idea. I hope he is well and will reply soon.

all is well, just off the grid for a bit...

hey all, what a surprise to see an old thread resurrected! i have been off the grid for a bit, personal #%&@, moved, new job, etc. but back for the most part now. no good reports however to update you all on but looks like i have some catching up to do with everyone elses, nice work to everyone out ther gettin' er' done!

my campers been off since this trip actually but once this rain stops...150% above average snow pack, 350% above last year, here in the mt. and its been raining 12 straight days...loving the moisture but have kept the camper at bay...look forward to a summer of great trip reports! cheers, appreciate the comments!

couple of pics from the near end of winter...not sure springs here yet though, still snowing up high!

Back
Top Bottom