Monitor panel not registering fresh H20

BrianS4444

Hello forum,
I recently have bought a used '07 Grandby. Used to have a hard side that weighed twice as much...this is great...Hardly notice it on the Cummins. Anyway, upon filling the fresh water tank to flush, I noticed that the monitor panel is not registering the level of water. Always shows the lowest led light regardless of water level. Any ideas? Is there is a sensor on the drivers side of the tank that I don't see?
Thanks for any feedback.

I had a similar problem where mine would either read full or empty. The problem ended up being a bad circuit card behind the monitor panel. This panel is made by a JRV Products which FWC no longer uses and didn't stock replacements. I did a google search and found one on E-bay for about $15.This panel also had indicators for gray water and black water that don't have to be used and was a perfect replacement for the original.

The sensor on the tank is 4 studs evenly spaced through the side of the tank. The bottom stud is grounded and the other 3 are connected through parallel resistors to the panel. As the water level drops resistance to the panel increases as each stud is above the water level. I called JRV and they told me what the proper resistances were but unfortunately I don't remember the values now.

I'm not sure when FWC quite using the JRV panels but my camper is an '06 so hopefully yours will be the same.

If it is a JRV panel, looking at their website, they can service panels. Might want to contact them and see what test steps you can do before pulling it out for repair or replacement.

JRV Products

Thanks guys! Appreciate your insight. I will try to find one from ebay....or maybe Stan would happend to have an extra around the shop there???

This is the one I ended up using.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Micro-Monitor-JRV-4-TANKS-and-BATTERY-pump-switch-NEW-/180379835911?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item29ff79de07#ht_578wt_1167

This is the one I ended up using.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Micro-Monitor-JRV-4-TANKS-and-BATTERY-pump-switch-NEW-/180379835911?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item29ff79de07#ht_578wt_1167

Sweet! was wondering where the $15.00 version was....was only finding ones in the $60+ range. Thanks! I am going to contact JRV about maybe sending that one for a service, as they describe per Cummins Mike request.

Back
Top Bottom