Monitor Pass - August 2020

Very enjoyable, thanks. Even more realistic than usual.

Sitting here on my couch with cool, moist swamp cooler air blowing gently past me and looking at the photos of your evening walk after the rainstorm, transported me right up there with you. :)

This quote alone make it a very successful trip. We hit 113 on Aug 16. Another great Trip Report.

"Long pants, wool shirts, fleece hats, and rain coats signaled that we had accomplished our task of escaping the heat.
"

You had me at: The night was wonderful with all the windows open. We slept so well and woke to delightful morning temps in the mid fifties.

The only thing I dislike more than sleeping with the A/C blowing on me is sleeping in oven-like temps. Thanks for taking us along!

We love the Monitor Pass area, but have never camped there. After spending a week hiding inside from the heat and smoke, it is refreshing to read about your escape to the cool, fresh air of the mountains - thank you!

You are most welcome, thanks for the kind comment! :)

CoreyTrevor said:
Very enjoyable, thanks. Even more realistic than usual.

Sitting here on my couch with cool, moist swamp cooler air blowing gently past me and looking at the photos of your evening walk after the rainstorm, transported me right up there with you. :)

Thanks for the nice comments Bill & MDR! It was nice to escape for a short break. Now, fire conditions are such we are very hesitant about being away of here.

billharr said:
This quote alone make it a very successful trip. We hit 113 on Aug 16. Another great Trip Report.

"Long pants, wool shirts, fleece hats, and rain coats signaled that we had accomplished our task of escaping the heat.
"

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
You had me at: The night was wonderful with all the windows open. We slept so well and woke to delightful morning temps in the mid fifties.
The only thing I dislike more than sleeping with the A/C blowing on me is sleeping in oven-like temps. Thanks for taking us along!

Thanks Frank! Glad you enjoyed the bear tale. :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks Ski,that is such a beautiful area.
Close but far enough away from the crowds.
Liked the bear story.
Frank

You are most welcome. Thanks for the nice comment!

heinphoto said:
We love the Monitor Pass area, but have never camped there. After spending a week hiding inside from the heat and smoke, it is refreshing to read about your escape to the cool, fresh air of the mountains - thank you!

Back
Top Bottom