Mono Basin - April 2016

Always awesome.
Would you be willing to share your campsites?
I'm hoping this summer to camp on the south side of the lake, preferably close to the craters. Having a backup site would be great or if you know sites on the south side that would be great too. Thanks!

Familiar and unfamiliar sights/sites are motivating some map work here. Those glyphs are quite different than those of fish slough and other table land sites.

You guys did it again :D ! Can't wait for the back to get better so I can start to explore again. Nice rock art -forgot how much that area had! Sure liked that lone pine site!

Smoke

Doug Stewart said:
Thanks, 3pins! That's a great camp with the big, lone pine.
........................with the obvious lightning strike scar! :)

All, thanks again for such nice comments. We are glad you enjoy these. :)

Thanks Ski. Snow,wow.We took a quick trip to Big trees to see the Dogwoods and Friday night/Saturday early had some spits of rain and wind,no snow though. Looks like you got it from the same low system.
Great trip always fun to see what new things you two find.

As a side note,have you read or heard of the book, "The Far Side of the Orchard"?
If not it's a great read won't give away the story but it takes place in our foothills.
The author is Tracy Chevalier. She has some very good reads.
Frank

ski3pin,
you guys make me wish i could retire now and move to the Sierras. Long years to go. I do hope this pristine beauty will still be around for the next couple of decades or centuries. I am a bit pessimistic.

srileo, thanks much. We are looking forward to retirement someday too. We worry also about who will care for the land in the future and get pessimistic like you, but then, on our travels, we meet talented and motivated young people and it gives us hope.

ski3pin said:
srileo, thanks much. We are looking forward to retirement someday too. We worry also about who will care for the land in the future and get pessimistic like you, but then, on our travels, we meet talented and motivated young people and it gives us hope.
We also on our travels meet/talk to a lot of great people.
Sad to say the good ones voices don't get heard much only the "bad" ones.
The motivation is out there though,and gl;ad to see it in the young.
Thanks Ski for all you do to help.
Frank

Another excellent trip report Ski. You and the Lady continue to inspire us to get out more frequently. I share your concern for the future of the places we visit. I have some optimism though because our son and most of his friends are much more into the environment than my friends and I were at their age.

I missed commenting on this the first time around- beautiful photography and interesting archaeology. Thanks for the report!

Ski, interesting trip. Thanks for sharing another weekend getaway. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom