Mono Diggings - March 2017

A great trip report as always my friend. Though the opening may have oversold me just a bit. The morning shots from Sunday are stunning. And I know it was probably autocorrect, but I find the reference to the munchies I put out as "threats" quite funny. It reminds me of a time I served a smoked pork tenderloin to some coworkers. Though fully cooked,it was still pink inside. From then on they called me Trychinosis Ted.

"Decadence?"

I like that, we have auto decadence. Heater set to come on at 6:00 am keep me in bed until warm. ;-)

Ted said:
A great trip report as always my friend. Though the opening may have oversold me just a bit. The morning shots from Sunday are stunning. And I know it was probably autocorrect, but I find the reference to the munchies I put out as "threats" quite funny. It reminds me of a time I served a smoked pork tenderloin to some coworkers. Though fully cooked,it was still pink inside. From then on they called me Trychinosis Ted.
Ted these "weird" names seem to follow you.
Ted the "axe" now "Trichinosis Ted"
Nice food though. Looks like a fun time.
Frank

Good trip you four! You were above mono fissures on that side of the lake, have you been there yet. Not that hard to visit.

Thank you to everyone for your very nice comments. There is so much to see and experience out there. We are so lucky. :)

I'm liking the auto decadence in this instance. I don't like to be cold..... Minimalist does not include lack of heat...lol

We enjoy decadence. The thermostat is placed so it is easy to turn on from the bunk. :)

Programmable thermostats like Bill's are a simple installation.

You had me at the first picture. Whenever I'm near Santa Rosa, CA, I stop at Russian River for a Pliny. I even managed to find one of Ted's hidden Pliny's near Truckee a couple of years ago.

It looked like you all had a great time and picked a very nice place to "just get away." I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed it, but one picture you took of the rock formation looked just like the head of a bison.

Thanks for sharing this and inspiring me to "just get away" soon.

Back
Top Bottom