Monster Keystone Camper for a flatbed truck (Pics)

Stan@FourWheel

Thought I would post the pictures for any customers that have flat bed truck and want to put a camper on it.

(or might be thinking about putting a flatbed on their truck with a camper in mind)

This is one design that would be possible.

Keystone Model we installed yesterday.

It had a very interesting look. One of a kind area this area.

Plenty of storage space in all of the exterior compartments.

Attachments

• P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 2,565
  • P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,684
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 2,348
  • P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 3,153
Wow that's badass. Was that a one-off or are you guys gonna build that thing more in the future?

What a beast. Any idea what the camper weighed?

Assume they requested the add on storage space under the cab over, do you know what they planned on using it for?

OMG....the room inside must be huge.....any chance Stan of pics of the interior?........how about a camper to replace the truck bed himmmmmm.

$$$$$$

I guess when you spend that much mula on the camper, you don't have much left over for the truck. THERE IS NO MERCURY IN ALBACORE TUNA, SO EAT IT

I helped a buddy build his rig what we did was buy some diamond plate full length tool boxes placed on flat bed and installed his FWC camper in the middle. The boxes and camper were all supported with welded sub frame. What is the little box under the overhang .

how about a camper to replace the truck bed himmmmmm.

i love it that would be great!

here you go ...

maybe something like this ?

Attachments

• Oldest FWC #7.jpg
    Oldest FWC #7.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Oldest FWC #8.jpg
    Oldest FWC #8.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 218
  • Oldest FWC #4.jpg
    Oldest FWC #4.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Oldest FWC #5.jpg
    Oldest FWC #5.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Oldest FWC #6.jpg
    Oldest FWC #6.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 216
a few more pics ...

Attachments

• Oldest FWC #1.jpg
    Oldest FWC #1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Oldest FWC #2.jpg
    Oldest FWC #2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 134
  • Oldest FWC #3.jpg
    Oldest FWC #3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 142
Nice Van

That van's pretty cool, but the departure angle sucks and with some of the places I've been, I could see me hitting the left side of the rear end on a tree or rock while I was turning right. Still, I like it better than a Sportsmobile.

Did FWC build that? It certainly shares a lot of design similarities - inside and out - with a FWC.

Did FWC build that? It certainly shares a lot of design similarities - inside and out - with a FWC.
Since that camper looks old (pre 2000?) and the patent on the lifting device was probably still active, yes it probably was built by FWC.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2745.html

I am the former owner of Four Wheel Campers. Just thought I would join and answer a few questions.

There is no longer a patent on FWC. It expired in 2001.

My covenent [sic] expired in April of 2006.
Mike

Stan! Hey, come on. You can't put something that cool up on this web site and not tell us more about it. Where is that RV today? What are those dials on the dash? I never stop being amazed to find people way smarter than I am from years back, particularly in designing RVs. Did the original owner of Four Wheel design that? It sort of looks like Colorado in the background of the pictures and the yellow Four Wheel lable on it looks sort of classic. Come on Stan, tell us about it.

Hey John D

sorry to tease you guys

I don't really know anything about that thing

A customer out in Colorado e-mailed me the pictures last year

I'm pretty sure it was made by FWC back in the days (it has the FWC stickers on it)

I remember Jeff W. talking about some sort of RV / Campers he built when he was younger. So that is what is probably what he was referring to.

I know the original owner of FWC later spun off and starting making pop-up vans using the Ford Aerostar. They called it the Astrostar Pro-Van / Tiger / or something like that. Those were around for quite a few years and still might be ?? But I think they are out of business for the most part.

======================================================

Stan! Hey, come on. You can't put something that cool up on this web site and not tell us more about it. Where is that RV today? What are those dials on the dash? I never stop being amazed to find people way smarter than I am from years back, particularly in designing RVs. Did the original owner of Four Wheel design that? It sort of looks like Colorado in the background of the pictures and the yellow Four Wheel lable on it looks sort of classic. Come on Stan, tell us about it.

Attachments

• AstroVan Tiger with pop-up.jpg
    AstroVan Tiger with pop-up.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 401
Back
Top Bottom