Montana & Idaho - July 2018

Pretty country up that way. Thanks for taking us along for the ride, looking forward to part 2!

Your report has me seriously Jonesin' for some Big Sky Country! About 60 days from now, we'll be there!

Looking forward to leafing through my Idaho Benchmark tonight to see if I can figger out where the tarns w/ trout are.

Thanks!

Foy

Cayuse said:
Pretty country up that way. Thanks for taking us along for the ride, looking forward to part 2!
Bob, I hope you enjoy the Idaho story! Thanks for the kind comment. :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Nice Ski.Thanks.
Looks like the "cityfing" didn't hurt you.
Lolo Pass beautiful area.
Frank
I'd call in "townifying" Frank. Well, except for the jaunt into Missoula. Thanks for the nice comment! :)

smlobx said:
Very nice report and property.
That view out the front door is amazing!
Thanks smlobx! That is a nice view and where we carried the coffee mugs to each morning we were there. :)

Your report has me seriously Jonesin' for some Big Sky Country! About 60 days from now, we'll be there!

Looking forward to leafing through my Idaho Benchmark tonight to see if I can figger out where the tarns w/ trout are.

Thanks!

Foy

Has you seriously Jonesin'? I can't wait to get back and making some well thought out presentation to those fine looking trout! And, the country around the Montana farm is wonderful along with the excellent vittles served up there. :)

Foy said:

Thanks!

Foy
I've had a few inquiries about more specifics on the location. Here are hints on how I work on figgering puzzles like this out. Look at the photos and think about what kind of rocks you see. Geology tells a story. Plant communities tell the story of ecosystem and elevation. Shadows are one of my key indicators to narrow down the search area. Shadows tell orientation. If I can determine, say, that a basin faces the north and not south, east, or west, I've cut my search area by 75%.

Good luck and have fun. :)

We always enjoy your Trip Reports Ski, you make even the simplest trips very interesting and enjoyable. Thanks for taking us along once again.

An update: Our Montana friends spent Wednesday night here on their way to Sequoia National Forest where they are finishing up their duties as fire lookouts. Stop in at Delilah this weekend to say hello.

They came with the promised long list of Montana projects we can help with. The Lady is pondering over the paper now and working on a list of supplies.

Yoder got the job rocking the driveway.

Wow guys, what a nice trip. Hopefully, now that The Lady is retired, you'll be doing even more of these adventures.

Thanks for sharing.

Great story. 2 years ago we saw speed goats in action while looking for a campsite near Gimore, Idaho. I didn't know they were affectionatly called that (had to google it actually), but they certainly lived up to their name.

Ski, What a fun trip. I've been a little behind on reading trip reports. Montana is such a special place for us. The Bitterroot Valley is a neat place. 2019 s our next trip and we plan on hitting Missoula, Flathead Lake area, Glacier NP, Idaho before swing down to Big Timber to visit my cousins. Thanks for sharing. jd

Back
Top Bottom