More Eastern Sierra Fall Colors Oct. 2011

gallery_1902_333_3509.jpg

So that's what my truck looks like at oh'dark-thirty! :oops:

Nice report, Ski. Keep it comin'
We had a great time and will be posting soon!

Lighthawks & Sadie the retired Labrador

Thanks for the report, what a great weather day and views for a birthday. 3 weekends in a row, my hat is off to you.

I always thought we were "pop-up people"......not anywhere close to being a cult.

I always thought we were "pop-up people"......not anywhere close to being a cult.

That's it! Ski, using your story telling skills and photos, you should do a pop-up book. Patrick, you're a genius. :D

Oh man, I was hoping we were a cult. Never been in a cult before. Now I"ll have to look elsewhere /sigh :LOL:

That's it Ski, using your story telling skills and photos, you should do a pop-up book. Patrick, you're a genius. :D

yeah what Ted said! I want a book or three :)

cort

Not sure what you have in mind, but I'm picturing each page being a scenic view of somewhere common in many of our trip reports. And in all of them a camper and items specific to that location pop up. Like Teakettle Junction and a sign post with teakettles pops up. Or the southwest with Joshua Trees. And of course the roof must go up and down on all of the campers. :) Just thinking aloud here.

Thanks Ski for all the beautiful photos.Brings back a good time we had in the Sierra 33 years ago.My first experience with the high country was at Deadmans creek campground,there in Kennedy meadow .We spent 2 nights there and with a 1 1/2 year old in the back pack hiked to Relief reservoir.It's only a short walk the wife said(she was there hiking as a teen, from the Y camp at Jack Hazard)well after 5 or so miles we came up to the lake,what a beautiful area.Forgot all about how far it was.It turned out that in the late 50's the trail went a different way (the short way).From there we went to Devils Post pile for a couple nights.We have such great places to wander to.

Keep the pictures coming and happy wandering.I am bummed that we aren't a cult.We almost always get someone asking about the camper and wanting to learn more about them.

I see other campers just about every trip and ask if they are WTW members.So far I haven't met up with any,but hope I have put the bug in them to join.

Frank

Looks like another great weekend. Great pics as usual.

Cult?? Well I'm not drinking any kool-aid with you guys if we ever meet up, can't be too careful... :p

Jack

<snip> but I'm picturing each page ................. And of course the roof must go up and down on all of the campers. :) Just thinking aloud here.

Ted, you just made head of the design team. We need to envision a "pop down" section for the Grand Canyon.

<snip>
Cult?? Well I'm not drinking any kool-aid with you guys if we ever meet up, can't be too careful... :p

Jack

When's the next comet coming by? WTW rally anyone?

Instead of the next comet,there is the Mayan calendar ,end of the world,next year.Sounds like a good cult meeting time.No kool-aid though.Some good wine or beer would be better.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom