mounting a music player

caseboy

i'm in the process of re-wiring all the 12v part of my '75 10'co. the old wiring is not trustworty(started smoking during a test hook-up).i've converted 2 of the light fixtures to 12v only and will ad a couple more fixtures. i'm thinking about putting in some tunes.maybe a cheap car deck with cd/radio/usb/etc. my initial thought was to hang it under the upper cabinet near the cab-over bed. in the interest of "measure twice,cut once", what are some of your thoughts about placement throughout camper. this seems to be a good accessible ,but out of the way place, but maybe not the best place? any experience or ideas would help.

thanks,wes

I'm a FWC owner, but tunes are tunes :)

I considered a car stereo, but my music has become more of a digital collection and I ended up pumping tunes from my phone (from memory, and from Spotify which does off-grid playlists as well as live). We found a great little bluetooth speaker which has good sound and recharges off USB. We like it because we can play music with it in the camper, or take it outside while hanging out with the BBQ. When we watch movies on our laptop, we connect to the speaker then also.

I've been thinking of one of these for my DD (Duran-Duran tape is stuck in the deck) as well as one for the camper. In the camper I'd connect it to some bookshelf speakers.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1cZdOcRDE2D/p_2061PXI502/Kicker-11PXI50-2.html#details-tab

x2061PXi502-F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom