Moved to a gated community

craig333

Riley's Human
Finally, 26 days later comcast finally gets my internet hooked up. Wouldn't have used them but the only other option was "maybe up to 6mbps" and if that were guaranteed I could probably take it but I suspect it wouldn't be anywhere near that.

You may have noticed I've only briefly commented on a few threads. Due to using my cell phone as a wireless hotspot got pricey real fast.

Okay, anyway my FWC has a new home. I now live in a gated community. Even a 55+ community. Moving wasn't really my idea but it was probably time to move on. I looked at many options and there weren't many that that work with a large dog. So finally I'm trailer trash.

Purchased outright, not much of a move.

Now you may ask, what does this have to do with campers or wandering the west? Actually quite a bit. One of my primary goals was to keep my expenses to a minimum so I'll be able to afford to do some wandering. Park rent is cheap. Taxes, utilities etc are very reasonable. Plus they allow dogs. He has to stay indoors while I"m at work but so far thats worked very well. Hasn't chewed a single thing.

Moving has put a serious crimp in my travels. I haven't been anywhere since my Antelope Lake trip but the shed is up, my stuff is somewhat organized and I only have about one more trip of "stuff" to get over here. Now its time to clean up the camper and hit the road!

It looks like your camper has a big brother now. I think you should paint the new home white with a brown stripe to match the camper.

Frugality rocks and rules! :)
The lower your expenses the less you have to earn and the sooner you can retire....or...and you can retire.

When I retire I want to move to where the catfishing is good. The house is small and the garage/shop is HUGE.

Ted said:
It looks like your camper has a big brother now. I think you should paint the new home white with a brown stripe to match the camper.
:)

glad you are still out there watching Ted!

Mr. 333 congrats on the new home! This is exactly what my Mom & Dad did to simplify - less expenses, and time and money to travel.

Very nice. The truck and camper are covered, the house is new and modern. I like it! Plus you've given me food for thought on my next home.

Mike

Ted said:
Ha, I like this idea.

MarkBC said:
Frugality rocks and rules! :)
The lower your expenses the less you have to earn and the sooner you can retire....or...and you can retire.
I agree with this- common sense.

Congrats on the move.

Hey-now when that new place gets that closed in feeling-you will have the $ to go have some fun, plus that pop-up must add value to your new place-right :p !

Smoke

Of course theres a downside. Twenty one pages of park rules and regulations. I didn't see anything related to popping the top though. Upside though is my neighbors aren't trailer trash. The other upside, I've found lots of stuff I forgot about :)

Congrats on your outright purchase, which means no payments down the drain. Less to take care of at home equals more freedom to wander.

craig333 said:
So finally I'm trailer trash.

Purchased outright, not much of a move.

Well, you could change your handle here to TT, but I hardly think you qualify with a carport and paved driveway. I'm certain that "Purchased outright" disqualifies you. Good job. Living large doesn't mean you have to take up a lot of space.

Sister is coming over today for a belated bday celebration (three of us within a week of each other). Nothing like having company to motivate a good house cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom