Moving cook top

A.Smith

Advanced Member
Help,
Has anyone moved their cook top ?
I have a 2006 Hawk and wish to move the cook top, 2 burner Suburban.
I want to extend the bed to king size, therefore the sink and faucet are an issue.
So If I move the cook top and re-locate the sink I have room.
Suggestions?, figured I had better ask before the wrenches and saws got involved,

Thanks
Fred

Indeed I did. 2011 Eagle. Getting up in the morning and not able to access the stove was nuts... wife still sleeping. The sink rarely used was where the stove should be. I bought a new counter top from FWC and decided I would move the stove to the back and move the water pump past the stove just shy of the pull out bed stop. I eliminated the sink. The pump was great for water for coffee and glasses of water when needed inside... as well as a tupperware sink when needed for rainy day clean up. Why a sink? no need really just have food smells. A tupperware counter sink is easy to dump and the extra counter space is great..the below cabinet has that huge drain hose gone. The moved stove top was relatively easy if you can cut and flare copper pipe. I am real glad I did this (along with changing over from a bench couch to a side dinette. I have photos if you need or feel free to PM for step by step help if needed.

Thanks All.
I had not seen the sink cook top combo unit.
I figured the new counter top would be a laminate plywood or man made resin top.

But what I really began to wonder was moving the cook top on top of the ice chest- refrigerator area. and moving the sink to the left, ie closer to the door., where the stove currently sits.

Yes it is just new counter tops and re routing water and propane lines.

Is there an issue with having the cook top on the counter top that covers a drawer over the refrigerator, which is an ice chest on my model. ? It is closer to the wall and roof liner, but..

Thanks Again
Fred

I'll admit my fridge isn't the most convenient to access but I love having the sink on the left and the stove accessible. I think they went away from this configuration shortly after I got my camper. If you're comfortable doing the construction I'd say go for it.

Here is how the SMEV worked out in my ATC Panther giving us much more counter space and out of the way when the bed is extended...

20170612_111203-L.jpg

20170612_111219_001-L.jpg

Hurray For All Of Us. This Group is the Best ! I will keep posted and take pictures if for no other reason than to save some one grief
Thanks All
Fred

craig333 said:
I'll admit my fridge isn't the most convenient to access but I love having the sink on the left and the stove accessible. I think they went away from this configuration shortly after I got my camper. If you're comfortable doing the construction I'd say go for it.
Like Craig's, my '04 Hawk was built this way. I also looked at an '04 Grandby that had the same configuration. Stan Kennedy (4WC) told me it was a "One Year Thing", but didn't elaborate beyond that.

P1010692r.JPG

Back
Top Bottom