MPG , Tacoma 4.0 4x4 with FWC Fleet

Dgw2

I had a Tacoma & Eagle. Luved the set up. Truck got totaled & sold the Eagle. Looking to get another Tacoma 4x4 with 4.0L. & Fleet.
With extra width of Fleet how is MPG on highway?
For any of you who may have similar rig setup? THANK YOU!!

We get about 14-16 at highway speeds, but since we normally drive slower (55-60) have averaged 18 mpg.

Keep in mind we normally drive slowly, but here's our gas mileage chart. 13mpg was the worst, like when we rushed home from Las Vegas to Puget Sound in a day, a rare at/above speed limit trip. That trip had a headwind -- which our truck doesn't like (and neither do I when bike riding). We often mosey down nearly empty 2-lane roads.
1724545753119.png

I've had my Fleet on a 2009 Tacoma since 2016. I generally check the mpg fairly frequently on trips and 14mpg seems to be the sweet spot. Headwinds/high speeds/passes will get us to 12 and even below. Tailwind and a light foot will get us close to 20 but this is rarely seen.

2013 Fleet on a 2022 off-road 4.0L Tacoma. I average 16-18mpg. I drive at 60mph. Headwinds crush my mileage though. Last trip headed home on the I15 blasting into a 25 knot wind took me down to 11mpg. I dump all my water for long treks as well.

Back
Top Bottom