Mule Expedition Outfitters?

SantaCruzin

I have found them to be reputable. I've never been to the physical store.

I ordered the F150 frame brackets (for extra support) and they have performed as expected.

I also ordered the FWC extension plates. I had an issue where they bent (likely user error) and they sent me a new pair, no questions asked. I would say I found their extension plates a little too wide and haven't had any issues with the Rieco-Titan plates (which are a little bit narrower).

I ordered my ARB awning brackets from them when they first came out. I had a lot of questions and they were very helpful.
I wish they were closer to where I live!

Seems we are at the same point. I have the pivot out awning brackets which came very fast and look great. The awning is sitting in a tube on the patio and the Raven gets mounted on the 20th. Hate having to wait to provide better feedback but so far I am pleased with Mule.

They used to take care of my camper, until I moved it away from the west.. (poor camper).
Previous owner regularly took it to them for any little issues. When he sold it to me, he took it to them for inspection the day before I flew out to pick it up. They found the solar charging system wasn't working! Previous owner wasn't super technical, so I spoke directly w/ the people at Mule.. They let me know exactly what they found, what was wrong, options, etc.

They didn't have time to fix it for me before I arrived the next day, but they left the solar charger I wanted in the camper for me to install. Previous camper owner bought it.

Luckily my sister lived in Oregon at the time, so I visited her for a night, installed the new solar system (redarc), and was on my 2500 mile journey home.

Anyway, people at Mule seemed knowledgeable and professional.

We bought our camper and had it installed by Mule, four years ago. No complaints! They've expanded a lot since then.

Does anyone have any photos or instructions on how the brackets work? I know I'm not the smartest in the world, but I'm having a hard time mating up the mounting holes on the bracket with the brackets for the jacks. I'm not sure if they should come off first or?

SantaCruzin said:
Does anyone have any photos or instructions on how the brackets work? I know I'm not the smartest in the world, but I'm having a hard time mating up the mounting holes on the bracket with the brackets for the jacks. I'm not sure if they should come off first or?
Just install the awning onto the Mule brackets and then have someone help you by taking one end of the awning bracket, with you on the opposite end, and then lift the brackets with the awning attched to line up with the jack brackets on the camper. Just start with the top hole on each end, put a bolt through it and move onto the next bolt down until you have all three lined up. Then tighten down with a lock nut. It just takes a little finese. Also, in my case, I could never tighten down enough, the lever that holds the awning in the upright position. If I went down a rough road it would vibrate loose and the awning would slide down. If you don't need to adjust the awning angle when you release the lock down latches, you can simply put a locknut on the bolt that secures the awning in the upright position and never have to worry about road vibration. Rich

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QS5lm0_AC1o/YTfAJ_DuIiI/AAAAAAAAJ3k/ij5IFJ1K2ZgZ-yQ1ptOsVW5bGeRcnmSZQCLcBGAsYHQ/s2048/flatbed-at-campsite.jpg

SantaCruzin said:
Thank you! And beautiful setup!
Sure, you're welcome.

One last thought about that lever I mentioned. I probably wasn't too clear about where to put the bolt to keep the awning from slipping down in its arced track. The link below shows a photo of where to put a bolt and lock nut. If you look at the bolt head just to the left of the lever (the lever is a quick release lever meant to - at least theoretically - clamp down the position of the awning in the upright position, after you're done latching or unlatching the top).

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNxLznXmxdOesHtlPZvdpn_0ENnEtf74BuOu1YN

As you can see, the bolt stops the vertical bar holding the awning in place from slipping outward on its track, which can be annoying. The added bolt resolves that issue completely. You may not need the bolt if you find that your bracket's quick release lever is sufficient to lock it down. I don't know what others have experienced, with the quick release, but my experience required this minor remedy.

Of course the other advantage of the awning brackets, which it sounds like you've ordered, is that you don't need to drill into the camper's side walls and add backing washers or plates to the studs on the inside and, if you decide to switch which side you want your awning on, you simply unbolt it from the jack brackets and move the awning to the other side of the vechicle. Pretty simple. - Rich

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom