Muley Point & Johns Canyon Road, UT

Bosque Bill

This is part one of (probably) three covering my 6 day trip to SE Utah last week. This installment covers:

Muley Point & Johns Canyon Road

This post has many more photos than prose. Remember to click a photo to see a larger version.

The next posts will cover Canyonlands NP, both the Needles District and Island in the Sky, Arches NP, and points between.

Nice trip report Bill. Old familiar country that I have not been in for quite a few years, thanks!

Fabulous TR, even more so that we plan on being there in 3 weeks. We will probably miss the wildflower show so that would be a great incentive to return next early May. Thank you so much for sharing, especially the images that really illustrated where you were.

Still making my way through your reports. You mentioned doing the White Rim Road in the future. If you want a very secluded camping experience try to get Taylor Campsite at least one night during the trip. It is off the main road down a wash. It has a few hiking options. One of which is to Zeus and Moses, two large rock spires. We did this hike and it was great fun. The campsite is for one or two vehicles (one reservation) and has a pit toilet. There is a small parking area for maybe 3 vehicles a little bit away which serves people doing day hikes. When we camped there no one else showed up to use the trailhead parking spot until later the next day after we had done our hike and were packing to leave.

Concur. Camped there about a month ago.

White%20Rim%20Trail%20%2822%20of%2040%29-L.jpg

White%20Rim%20Trail%20%2818%20of%2040%29-L.jpg

ETAV8R said:
Still making my way through your reports. You mentioned doing the White Rim Road in the future. If you want a very secluded camping experience try to get Taylor Campsite at least one night during the trip. It is off the main road down a wash. It has a few hiking options. One of which is to Zeus and Moses, two large rock spires. We did this hike and it was great fun. The campsite is for one or two vehicles (one reservation) and has a pit toilet. There is a small parking area for maybe 3 vehicles a little bit away which serves people doing day hikes. When we camped there no one else showed up to use the trailhead parking spot until later the next day after we had done our hike and were packing to leave.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom